KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have seen and read the previous threads on this subject and have attempted to read oil levels as per requirements.

Prior to first service i had never seen oil higher than the ball at bottom of stick. i was unable to get service done by Fowlers until last friday, so therefore topped up with 1/2 litre of 10/40 prior to Silverstone WSB which took mileage to 816miles with ride from home to Fowlers.
Service was completed and off to sunny Wales via Usk/Abergavenny/Monmouth and Wye valley/home.

On inspect bike this morning prior to 100 mile trip to Westbay and back saw oil streaks down bottom white nearside panel!!!
Removed and no obvious leaks found. Cleaned and proceeded on good rideout. On return home the oil streaks returned and oil level checked after few minutes of bike cooling off. Guess what oil level at same level as previous, bloody bike.

Took same panel off and found a rubber tube with oil coming out of it, is this a breather tube?

Anyone know of decent KTM ONLY service/mechanic in Southwest?

Love the bike but this oil issue is really worrying me, always look after previous bikes by doing pre flight checks and post flight checks. Oil in bike is very important thats why i regularly check it, getting bloody paranoid now!!!!!:hmh:

·
Registered
118 Posts
If its leaking that much take the panel off clean and run it , you should see where its coming from. Top suspects are telltale hole on water pump or sounds like your is coming out of the airbox breather, there is a mod which involves an oil catchment container fitted in rear section. Oil out of the breather is usually after a good thrashing i understand, i have given mine a high rev ride and nothing. The other reason could be too much oil and it blowing back through the airbox ? Lots of posts on here about oil leaks try a search.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts