KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the bike serviced on Sat and when I got home I noticed it had some oil weeping on the garage floor. Thinking it might just be something minor from the service I left it over night.

Just went and had a look at it and it's still leaking. You can see a split at the top of the oil viewer thing which is where it's coming from ... not knowing much about KTMs is this a common issue? No idea if this part would be touched as part of the service .. I would think not actually.

Prob pretty easy to swap in and out too, simply remove and replace?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Its a common issue and KTM have a replacement improved part available for a couple of quid basically different pipe :rotflmao:, or you can source the pipe yourself, i bought the KTM part when mine went and never had an issue after
Lean bike right over so oil is well below the bottom bolt or pump some out, remove both bolts and pull the banjos and pipe off, put new on and refit bolts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Same on my 06 950sm, part about a tenner from ktm & lean bike over as far as poss and pump some oil out if able.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.