KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mine has split, do i need to get a replacement or can i use a bit of tube, also do i need to drain oil? cheers guys

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine started weeping looks an easy fix when I get round to it.
I guess you could lay it over a bit on its side to save draining it down.
You can use a bit of tube, such as airline or similar, I think there was a thread about it recently.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers locksmith, i will cut it up into the lengths i need and flog it on this site, with 30m might even make a profit lol.
thanks for the link, i'm sure it'l have other uses and thanks Lawman, simple solution

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My split, splited even more to an open gash!! went to replace with what Locksmith used, BUT I'l be buggered if i can get it to go on the banjos's, took banjos off, tried heating with a lighter, boiling the tube etc, my fingers have had it, got a tube on, though had a slight kink, so thought fare enough when it gets hot it will straighten! started bike oil did'nt move up the pipe so switched off.

Given up and ordered a replacement £10.00, comes with banjos already on.

I looked in hand book, no mention of bleeding oil system ?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Thats strange , mine was hard to get on but it did go on ok . I wonder if the tube size varies ? Is it the same size tube as the SM ?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
locksmith, did you need to bleed the oil system after replacng yours?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Locksmith, I suspect that the tubing I got, although says is the right size is just fractions to small, had another go, just could not get it on! researched on SD net, they have used radio controlled model fuel line, I'm near a dealers tomorrow so will pick up KTM replacement, they have ment to have upgraded the tube.

thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What an Fing palarfer!! mostly my fault, got part from P&H Crawly, 2 banjos with tube attatched and 4 copper washers.

lent bike against wall, replaced the tube and banjos, the washers were wrong size, gave them a go. oil pissed alover, then visited my suzuki dealer who gave me 4 washers, (unlike KTM who charged 25p each for the wrong sizes washers!

took belly pan off to clean out as oil had dribbled down there, more than i thought, as at first could'nt see it due to the back ground (oil tank being black), replaced belly pan (pain in the arse)

got back, replaced the tube and banjos again, droped a washer, into the belly pan, off it had to come again to get at the bloody washer, put back on again.

now all good, though had to bloody take pannel off to top oil up!!

a 5 min job took two hours including trip to Suzuki dealer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine Split on the barbs so I just ordered 1 from Gear 4 £13 quid including postage was here next day, I changed didnt drain oil it dosent lose much if you if you are quick mate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts