KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

trying to make a conversion of my 640 supermoto to use on greenlanes.
read tons of topics on this, but still few questions:

thinking of buying forks/wheels/brakes from EXC 2003+. that should allow switching between setups quickly, but I think issue will be with the clamp, as EXC forks are close together, and spindle and spacers I think won't fit, any suggestions, ideas? should I abandon the idea?

thanks all

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I just ride my supermoto offroad on Maxxis Cutslicks. Avoid wet grass slopes. Ive done most of mid Wales lanes on it.
I did have 2 sets of wheels, but that 'its only an hour' to swap over, is always an hour you don't have or can't be arsed with.
If you want a compromise fit TKC80 or better still heidenau K73 wets

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your experience, I used to own KTM 625 SMC and putting Shinko 705 wasn't good, it ruined experience on the tarmac and wasn't good enough on mud/sand, not happy to compromise, I prefer to find an hour to swap.

I did have 2 sets of wheels, but that 'its only an hour' to swap over,
do you have something similar to my bike? what setup did you use? was it just wheels swap?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
CCM R30, so straight wheel swap, plus different caliper bracket, front sprocket, chain/brakes if youre picky
In the end a fitted an oversize disc to the 21" front wheel to save the bracket swap and I just used same pads and broke 'em in witha few 50-30mph braking pulls over a mile.

Then I got a compromise chain length and sprockets for on/offroad, so i kept same front sprocket and ran same chain. Also had to run a 150/70x17" rear as opposed to 150/60x17" to help the gearing compromise.

After a year I bought another enduro bike.
2 bikes is the answer, even if the enduro bike is a cheap nail

1 - 6 of 6 Posts