KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after owning my bike since last Sunday, i have put 750 miles on it and i can quite happily say i made the right choice in swapping it for the GSXR.

IT IS AWESOME!!!!!
:)

First proper nice day today where i have had a good chance to really ride it and what was supposed to only be a 10 min ride ended up being a 4 hour one, just exploring all the different roads and lanes, ones that i wouldnt normally go down. Had a few shit ur pant moments with the wheelies but i'll get used to it.

The one thing that gets me the most is the agility of the bike, the way you can just fly through corners and soak up the bumps, it makes you go looking for those tight twisty but bumpy roads i used to avoid on the 750.

Put the 16t on now as well which seems to make a little bit of a difference.

need to get the suspension set up right as it is a bit wobbly at speeed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice one mate, I picked mine up on Saturday, went for a blast today and it died on me! I think the fuel pump is shagged, makes a weird noise when you turn it on, rough on tick over and cuts out on the throttle, arse!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny u should say that mine make a funny noise on start and also cuts out a fair bit when warming up!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah that sounds about right, not every time but very often, normally first start up of the day.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
na its not. :(

Oh well.

How much is it to replace?

is this the one to get: Facet 40171????

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mej, not sure on costs fella, I dont think too much, there are links on ADVrider. Will let you know how I get on as mine goes back to dealer tomorrow. Plan on removing SAS this weekend!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Get your self some good winter gear.........its nearly as much fun in the wet:eek:

·
Ex 9fiddy sm'er
4,925 Posts
Have fun with that one fella - blasted through your county a couple of days ago on the way/ way back from Cornwall-shire..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just heard back from dealers, it wasn’t the fuel pump but crap in one of the fuel taps! Apparently there are two that feed the carbs, one was crapped up, they cleaned out tank, lines, carbs & apparently all good.

Funny enough while searching forums on the fuel pump issue someone else mentioned a similar thing...weird!!

Pick her up tomorrow!

Brrrrrap!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Anything happy sportsbike convert! youll spend the next few months telling all your mates with their crippled wrists and abysmal B-road handling that the KTM is so much better. They wont listen though!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anything happy sportsbike convert! youll spend the next few months telling all your mates with their crippled wrists and abysmal B-road handling that the KTM is so much better. They wont listen though!
already been telling my brother, he is away, but i reckon once he gets bk and has a go he will be selling his 675 and buying one. :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mej, is it a kind of clicking noise when you turn ignition on (key or switch)? And do you get it every time?

I think this is normal its the fuel pump building pressure. (I HOPE!!) mine has always done it some times it stops after 1 click and somtimes it goes about 10 clicks it seems to start better with fewer clicks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
3 weeks in, up to 1700 miles! :)

500 at the weekend on a little trip to Cornwall.

i love it!

need new tyres though so gonna try and find a bargain on those somewhere.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Try 2CT ......they really suit 950sm, they are really good cold and wet

1 - 20 of 20 Posts