KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I wanted to ask if theres some precautions or any things i should know before opening up my Ktm sx '07 125. the cylinder seal was leaking so i was fitting a new one when i found out that another seal is leaking also, the one behind front sprocket (Excuse me, don't know the correct names in english).The throttlebody is fragile if i have understood right and if thats what i think it is, but is there anything else?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hi

I know nothing about 125s, but:

Have you got a manual?

Before you take any covers off, give the engine a good clean!

On many other KTMs there is no need to dismantle the engine to change the oil seal behind the front sprocket.

Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i have the owners manual but i dont think it has any repair guides.. So i would appreciate if someone has info on how to change the oil seal behind front sprocket without opening engine :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
wow wow

no need to take the engine apart at all.

all you need is an oil seal kit for the bike.

step by step:

take the front sprocket off

remove spacer that sits flush between bearing and sprocket

then use a screwdriver to remove circular oil seal. this will have a steel outer band with a rubber center that fits over the shaft. it can be stuck in there well so give it a good wiggle.

once removed clean behind it if diry. then just tap the new seal in with a rubber mallet. then pop the spacer back in. putting some grease on will help with wear.

front sprocket back on job done.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hi

As above, also a search for 'front sprocket seal' produces some handy tips where this Q has been asked before:

Search Results - UK KTM Forum

I drilled 2 holes for 2 self-tapping screws and pulled the seal out with 2 sets of mole grips. Other choices are available!

Well worth replacing the spacer and o-ring while you're there as they wear too.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Hello,

I wanted to ask if theres some precautions or any things i should know before opening up my Ktm sx '07 125.
hhhm :rolleyes: well, I would say a healthy bank account is crucial when tinkering with any KTM :rotflmao: oh, and a direct line to your local KTM dealer will help, and save time too ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts