KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum, not new to supermotos but wanting to change my R6 for a nice supermoto

Which brings me to my question, what do people think of a 450 sxf that's been converted to supermoto trim, wheels and front brake, lights and licence plate etc?

My issue is the 4 speed gearbox, am I just pissing against the wind trying to use that for the road? Should I wait for a nice EXC? And is 450cc enough or would the 525/530 be a much better option?

I want to use the bike mostly on the road, not for commuting, not for long journeys, but for the occasional ride through town/traffic, blasts through good back roads and of course, wheelies!

Thanks in advance for any help and/or newbie bashing :D

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I'd go with a 525 myself but that's my opinion.

As for the 4 speed, speak to kevinyorks, I'm sure he'll have the bits to change it to a 6 speed if you go with the 450

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd go with a 525 myself but that's my opinion.

As for the 4 speed, speak to kevinyorks, I'm sure he'll have the bits to change it to a 6 speed if you go with the 450

cheers for that

I would prefer the extra cc, but there is a nice 450 for decent money local to me

Interesting about changing it to 6 speed, probably a massive job though

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2011 450 sxf 5 speed on the road in moto trim, I love it, wouldn't want anything else at the moment, really cant fault it, so much fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts