KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

My long languished 2002 EXC 250 Racing has been sat at the back of the garage for about 8 years now,

Unfortunately the fuel has killed the carb. its all gone green. I've had it apart countless times and it still wont run. Plus now the acc pump is knacked and the fuel bowl gasket is also. So it needs a full full rebuild which is beyond my capabilities.

Now, according the the microfishe it should be a MX FCR 35, but from what i can tell its not a MX carb it the normal FCR and it's too big to be a 35 so likely to be a 37.

So, in order to get the bike running for the least £££ do i:

a) chinese FCR copy
b) send it off to see if it can be fixed
c) something else.
View attachment 40130

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi'
What makes you think its not the correct carb? That looks almost identical to my totally original 400 EXC (owned from new).
Personally I would carefully strip it & get it ultrasonically cleaned & replace the required parts. If you are not up to send a private mail to 'Kev in Yorks' and see if he will help you out. He has forgotten more than most us ever knew about RFS bikes.
Alternatively speak to these guys to see if they can help, although I think they only sell parts Home - Allens Performance Ltd. Allens Performance Ltd.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts