1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
pics? might do mine in winter

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ive been thinking about doing this to mine since i bought it, been told theres a really good place in RUSHDEN near WELLINGBOUROGH, i think you have to remove all the bearings etc in the frame or seriously cover them up, not all that dear either got quoted from 75 to 120, the bikes do look good with it done though.

·
Registered
340 Posts
We opted to have the frame painted, cost £50 plus 15 for swinging arm, must say bike has 33 hours h&h events on it now and only one or two chips around foot peg area, which is easily touched up with remained of paint.

·
Registered
108 Posts
been told theres a really good place in RUSHDEN near WELLINGBOUROGH
Hi Stormie

I had my old 525's frame powder coated black at a place in Rushden - they did a great job, it cost £40, the only problem is that they don't do blasting, so I had to get the frame prepared elsewhere - for that I used a bloke at the Piggery near Bozeat.

This is the place:

Powder Coating & Stove Enamelling
Sanders Lodge Industrial Estate, Rushden - 01933 355 348

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
powdercoating

because iwill be off my trusty weapon for a few weeks i,m wanting to paint the frame on my 09 sixday so here are my questions i know i want orange frame thats easy i thought i wanted powder but taking to dodge tonight his pal has hadproblems with the pipe thats goes through the frame separating the radiators has any one else had this ....go on kev tell me how to get round this...also are there any other areas i need to be care ful with... yours truelly johnny laid up in macc hospital now with a titanium ankle.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi andy cheers for the info, Bozeat and rushden are'nt far away from me, ive got a couple of big events to do then i think i will just go for it. cheers Stormie

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
because iwill be off my trusty weapon for a few weeks i,m wanting to paint the frame on my 09 sixday so here are my questions i know i want orange frame thats easy i thought i wanted powder but taking to dodge tonight his pal has hadproblems with the pipe thats goes through the frame separating the radiators has any one else had this ....go on kev tell me how to get round this...also are there any other areas i need to be care ful with... yours truelly johnny laid up in macc hospital now with a titanium ankle.....
You need a special tool of which ktm charge £27 I think its socket with three notches which sit over the internal notches,I managed to make my own out of a piece of 15.mm tube with 3 slits cut out to sit over grooves,once you get this to sit on just turn anti clockwise to loosen and hose connector can be removed along with tube which runs through the frame hope this helps..Andy.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
powder coating

cheers andy i'll order 1 from eurotek today getting out this afternoon so i can start stripping it down .is there a right and wong way to stripping and rebuilding a bike.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts