KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
8,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a friend of mine who races a R1 very successfully. He has an impressive trophy cabinet. He has had to put his bike up for sale now due to this.

He fell off a pit bike whilst messing around. Multiple fractures.

Be carful people.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,397 Posts
That's going to ages to heal! And lm not talking about that terrible tattoo. Shoulder injuries suck. Poor fella. Meaty scar!

Closet I've come to dying on a motorcycle was hitting a parked ute(pickup🙄) at 40mph on a Moped. I ended up 2 feet under the tray, with my head smacking the tailgate and the bike in 3 pieces.
12" to the right I'd be dead. Being a dickhead, half cut and locking the front brake. The crowd loved it. 😆

·
Registered
583 Posts
You're right there about shoulders. As you mentioned when I dislocated mine, it's taking a while. Still nowhere near full range of movement. Though I've discovered a much better form of physio than the nonsense the doctors gave me.

A couple of weeks ago I went to a local lake with my youngest and had an 'Oh fuck' moment after jumping in and discovering that swimming requires two arms that can swivel freely on your shoulders. After spazzing my way to the shore, I tentatively found ways to exercise the shoulder under water that's been a million times better than the exercises the doc gave me. You get a bit of buoyancy helping to lift the arm, and a bit of resistance to push against. The shoulder's come on in leaps and bounds in two weeks compared to the snail's pace of the previous 10 months.

·
Registered
15,397 Posts
Great idea! Gentle up,down and around with gentle resistance movement. Open the hand for a bit more or move it faster as you get stronger.
Physio's suck. They do fuck all and rip you off. And they all wear tight shirts, carry iPads and apply pointless blue tape. Wankers

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
My physio at the hospital when I broke my ankle was into Karate and knew I was too... everyone would be in there doing nothing more that moving/walking, stuff not being a lazy mare could fix... but because he knew I was fit, he had me going like circuit training.

Swimming is probably the best form of exercise for recovery... hydrotherapy pools are popular treatment for people with disabilities and debilitating conditions to keep them mobile. I love 10-15 mins in the pool after riding, really helps reset everything and click out any tension. My mate who has same scar did a lot of swimming too, really helped.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
That's going to ages to heal! And lm not talking about that terrible tattoo. Shoulder injuries suck. Poor fella. Meaty scar!

Closet I've come to dying on a motorcycle was hitting a parked ute(pickup🙄) at 40mph on a Moped. I ended up 2 feet under the tray, with my head smacking the tailgate and the bike in 3 pieces.
12" to the right I'd be dead. Being a dickhead, half cut and locking the front brake. The crowd loved it. 😆
My Dickhead moment was back in the early 80`s. An old cunt pulled out of a juction on a rural road because "He did`nt see me". I was doing about 80mph (Dickhead). I just clipped the front of him but it was enough for me to go through a fence and into some trees. When I came too my mates were around me looking shocked. I didn`t feel too bad, only to look down and see what I thought was a piece of wood sticking into my leg.....only to discover on closer inspection it was a compound fracture and what i thought was wood sticking in was actually bone sticking out.
Learned a valuble lesson that day.
"Treat every other road user as a complete idiot".

·
Administrator
8,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
299 Posts
This is a friend of mine who races a R1 very successfully. He has an impressive trophy cabinet. He has had to put his bike up for sale now due to this.

He fell off a pit bike whilst messing around. Multiple fractures.

Be carful people.
Could be much worse...... Like having a tattoo on your chest with a flamingo & arabic writing....... Wonder if he got a free bubble gum with it?? I'd put money on that I would beat him right now! Sorry Adz... Just kidding!!!

·
Registered
15,397 Posts
My Dickhead moment was back in the early 80`s. An old cunt pulled out of a juction on a rural road because "He did`nt see me". I was doing about 80mph (Dickhead). I just clipped the front of him but it was enough for me to go through a fence and into some trees. When I came too my mates were around me looking shocked. I didn`t feel too bad, only to look down and see what I thought was a piece of wood sticking into my leg.....only to discover on closer inspection it was a compound fracture and what i thought was wood sticking in was actually bone sticking out.
Learned a valuble lesson that day.
"Treat every other road user as a complete idiot".
Bone🤮

·
Administrator
8,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
An inside shot......

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Same injury as my mate... it’s a bad one. Proximity to the tendon and nerve makes it a tricky op and potentially tricky recovery.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts