KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've used Klim for a lot of years now,they're tough, but the trouser doesn't open up enough to get my boots in easily
and the velcro boot end fastening comes open too easily and gets clogged with mud and doesn't hold

fancying a change
any decent ones around?

the Thor and Fox ones look good

cheers

·
Administrator
8,323 Posts
Get the klim ones that go in the boot, rather than over.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I bought some "adventure-spec Mongolia" ones, they are a good fit, and appear to be very sturdy.............time will tell !

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Both the fox and Thor are very good, I have both, the Thor have a bit more boot room and they both have the over boot liner so nothing can get in the boot, but neither are very waterproof.
I still think that best overboot trouser are the KTM Hydroteq (if you can find a pair), great value for money but tight around the boot, the worst for me are Klim, the bloody design around the boot is shite, they catch on everything and pull open.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll never buy the Klim OTB trousers again,as you say they catch on everything and keep opening
i'll miss the long ventilation zips tho'

i dont need any waterproofing
i live in the Algarve...

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Sinisalo enduro trousers, not easy to find but Grand Prix Pontardullais , South Wales did used to have a few sets

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Lightweight Dainese textiles. Vented, well made and lighter than some of the klim stuff. They fit over my gaerne 12's.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
The fox ones are well vented and a good trouser, you definitely need vents, I’d say.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I have the same agro with the klim OTB strides Bill. I used rugby sock hold ups to keep them closed. In the summer i use the in the boot version. Ive also had a local machinist remove the wanky leather inner leg panels and change them for cordura.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone tried the Moosse Racing OTB trousers?

cheers

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
Why the need for OTB pants? One lad i know had some 6inch wide elasticated loops made that cover the boot/pant gap...

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they're cooler stu

your feet stay cooler,it gets hot down here...

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bill ,having a ride in Normandy with Erik and Tim in March if your around
i dont head North til it's gets a bit hot for riding down here mate,usually in June

would be nice to meet up for a ride one day again

come down here for a winter ride...

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
i dont head North til it's gets a bit hot for riding down here mate,usually in June

would be nice to meet up for a ride one day again

come down here for a winter ride...
we were down last year with Adriann. Really great riding in the hills ,although that sap is a pig to get off your gear. Deffo on the list to do again. Next time I’ll ping you a mail.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Adrian's closing down mate

try Enduro Portugal next time,recent KTM's and a very good guide

cheers

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
That’s a shame. He did say he was unsure if he was going to continue as trade had dropped off and keeping the bikes current was becoming expensive.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts