KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right theres a pool of juice sat it the airbox (between filter and carb) every time i take filter off, i've never seen this before and has me stumped ? is it jetted wrong? cos sometimes it does bog when you first crack it open... plus i did two tanks of juice on a 2.5hr event the other week... sommat not right:confused::confused: any ideas?

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
I always get that puddle in mine too!! Gotta say tho mine is very good on fuel. The puddle of goo is oil there are threads on it somewhere.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi mate, i would check the float height, if its not set right fuel can spill out of overflow when riding, would also do a plug chop if you change float height,

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi mate, i would check the float height, if its not set right fuel can spill out of overflow when riding, would also do a plug chop if you change float height,
X2 lean your bike over with the fuel on and see what angle fuel starts to flow out should be about 50 deg thats a easy check! mine was heavy on fuel till I set it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was slashin juice out the other day , so cleaned it out, still did it, oh just bought a hgs full system today too very nice!!

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
Good advice on the float level. BUT make sure it still revs as high as ever on full throttle, you dont want it running lean and holing a piston or nipping up :eek:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Good advice on the float level. BUT make sure it still revs as high as ever on full throttle, you dont want it running lean and holing a piston or nipping up :eek:
X2 on that!

Usually a tap with a screw driver stops it, the clean out defo proves the float height is suspect! its a very easy job and its more obvious what to do when you have it off the bike and up side down in front of you! (only saying that cos i didnt have a clue what the manual was on about..Doh!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts