KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the advice off here and plenty of bike time I am finally at a stage where I am now racing (and beating quite a few).

Any tips on overtaking in general would be good as I am struggling to get past without waiting for a large gap, which then the slower riders are hard on the gas...

Any trick of the trade?

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
1. Dive inside on corners.

2. Look for wide lines where you can get on the power earlier and beat them out the corner.

3. Watch their line and think about how you can take a different one next lap.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
being as slow as fuck, I'm not best placed to advise but definitely watch the videos of the pro's and see how they do it... other than that, agree with Kev and add.... try to find at each track 'your' corner and jump that you can really carry the speed through/over and make yourself an easy passing point on each lap....

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kev - good solid advice, like it.

Ben - also good advice especially the 2nd part I do always have certain parts I favour.

Johnny - I am still to polite for my own good.

Trebble99 - Tis so true.

I have seen many overtakes seem effortless and safe in some of the tightest of areas, that's where I wanna be.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
depends if you like them

if you do

If they go inside, rail round the outside and square the corner off

out accelerate them coming out of corners

break later than them and make into the corner first

slow riders tend not to go for the jumps so giving some stick into them will soon get you passed

If you dont like them :smokin:

Oh, im no expert. Ive done 3 race meetings. This all just stuff i've picked up. watch any racing, the skills are all the same , it doesn't matter if your on tarmac or dirt. It's all the same :D

:scooter:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts