KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking i would like to change my rims to black but cant stretch to new rims :redface:

Has anyone sucesfully painted their rims and if so what paint did you use were the results worth it ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wouldn't paint them it won't last powder coating is the sensible option. Or if your like, get a polishing kit (like i did!) and get em mirror finish like i have done, and pipe, and rear shock, and swing arm, and rear brake lever, and rad cap! looks good and mud just washes off easier!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ive just lost an hour and a half watching your avatar Eggflan.

Powder coatings the way to go dude. Polishings nice, but once you start polishing, youll never stop. Its like Royston Vasey, youll never leave

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
depending on the condition of your rim anodising is really you only option, if there in good nick and dont need alot of prep work £80 plus post back to you, if they need polishing before anodising then of course theres the polishing costs on top.

mark.

·
Premium Member
3,692 Posts
I had a set of powder coated rims (they were already fitted to the bike when i purchased it ) and i always thought they stood upto the assault with tyre levers very well.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Ive just lost an hour and a half watching your avatar Eggflan.

Powder coatings the way to go dude. Polishings nice, but once you start polishing, youll never stop. Its like Royston Vasey, youll never leave
looking for somewhere to park your bike ??????

i have powder coated my rims because the looked fooked now they look fab black hubs orange rims once marks built them up with ss spokes they will be getting some hammer time had my montesa rims done red white n blue and they still look ok and we ride over rocks up here the rocks take the powder coating off but hay if your going to play hard thats what happens and when your on your bike you cant see your rims anyways unless your name is travis pastrana

1 - 7 of 7 Posts