KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the swinging arm out to drill out a seized bolt on the disk guard and found the PDS bearing is seized :(

Been looking on the net for one, thought I'd found a site selling them - Morgans Tool - sadly they're no longer selling them. Anyone know of anyone else selling a tool to remove and install the PDS bearing?

Would prefer not to buy a motion pro hammer out and in job.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I sent some plans to a fellow user yellowbell who was going to make some up for sale on the forum. Not sure what happened ,it went cold.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Use some wurth rost off, heat and socket/thread bar/waher/nut combo as mentioned by sand. It might be made easier if you temporarily put swinger back on bike (will hold the job in place rather than chasing it around the bench)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I bought one of yellowbells wheels bearing tools, and at the time he was gauging interest of who wanted a PDS tool but never heard any more. I've only used the tool once, to put genuine bearing kits in a pair of used wheels I bought, my brother has used it a handful of times to put "cheaper" bearing in his wheels that seem to last all of 5 minutes.

If yellow bell is reading this, I'd be interested in a PDS tool. If your googling, I think its also called a heim joint tool.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have one of the Motion Pro tools and it's a breeze to use. It encourages you to change the heim joint more regularly as it makes it a 10 minute job.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Here's one I found earlier, I meant to post it then, but I was watching my lad in swimming lessons and they ended and I forgot. Enduro Off Road. You'll have to go to shop, but its listed there, as well as a wheels bearing tool.

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
17 and later has a smaller joint

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did mine (2015) a couple of weeks ago. Threaded bar, washers and a couple of 1/2" sockets, heat it up first and it was pretty straight forward. I only had 6mm threaded bar and stripped the threads a couple of times so i suppose 8mm or even 10mm would be better.

I've used this method before for the swing arm and upper PDS bearing too. No need for any fancy tools.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts