KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, boring as fuck but you cunts on here waffle on about worse shit so here goes. I’m putting a Pergola onto an Indian Stone patio using galvanised post shoes. What would you recommend as fixings ?

·
Registered
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Danke ! I had them concealed in the last house and one of the posts snapped in the wind and it was a right cunt to get out !

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
You could conceal the post bases with a matching wood cover but they don't really hold the posts very tightly, unless they have improved over the years.

·
Registered
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The missus (boss) wants to paint the Pergola in grey, everything is grey in this house, line 50 shades of fucking grey. I am getting them powdercoated grey to match in

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Seeing as it is a slow day. If you are fixing it to something solid eg a wall, here's my story, I have Indian stone patio as well, I used 6" round poles as the uprights, but after several years and the enviable collection of water around the base they rotted out, so I bought some granite blocks which had a steel rod inserted into them, I set the granite in the patio then drilled the poles and fitted them to the granite, it looks good and keeps the poles away from the water.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Staddle stones. We use them all the time to support timber frames and keep the posts out of the damp. You can buy them ready made, or make your own with a plywood box filled with concrete. Support stainless stud bar in the right place while it goes off.
Lift a paving slab where you want it to stand, then pave and point round it to lock it on place. Use a 5mm thick plastic washer to hold the post off the stone and stop it rotting.

·
Registered
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just had 60 sq m of Kandla grey Indian Sandstone laid so don’t want to fuck about lifting up, and when the post snapped at the last house it did my tits in sorting it out !

Some good creative ideas coming out though, would like to here/see more you miserable fuck sticks x 😁

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Bucket with post Crete that will sort it
Hide it with your cream leather lazy boy a can of tenets super and your sorted

·
Registered
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I ain’t got any buckets, not buying them, and how do you know about my cream lazyboy you been on google earth ? Or grafting my missus on it ? I thought someone had nutted on it the other day !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts