KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....has anyone installed a set ?

>> PIAA HORN

Having nearly been run off the road twice this week by blind cagers changing lane without looking something urgently needs doing to replace the useless stocker...which, picture the scene..made me even madder toot tooting in the face of near death..arrghh

By all accounts a cheap and effective farkle. I also noticed that Aurel from ADV Rider has a single one mounted for his round the world trip as described here >> Horn « Ride The World, The Hard Way!

Any thoughts appreciated.

PS. How easy to wing mirrors come off when you kick them. ?..I'm always a bit worried about getting my trouser leg stuck on it and dragged along the road like in the Westerns

Cheers
1050rat

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I have a pair fitted too my van... they are very good ..I bourght them originaly for the bike but fitting a pair is near imposible as you have no space so i fitted a Stebal Nautilus as documented in HOW....its a bit of a performance and needs a relay etc..you could try 1 horn and you might get away with the original wiring and not bother with a relay...but dont mount it facing forward face it down or backwards......or it will fill with water and not sound good at high speed due too air forcing into the trumpet .......Halfords sell the Stebal range off horns

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Does anyone have any recommendations of louder horns that are more compact?

Because of the lights I have, I dont really have room for any of these trumpet-type horns. (not only that, I dont like the sound - the horn sound doesnt sound like a motorbike)

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
That is one clean bike Nick!!!!! :eek:
Isnt it! Looks like new there.
Freddie does an amazing job.
Believe me, it was filthy only 2-3 hrs before that photo. It was covered in that horrible salisbury chalk ... a reet coont to clean off. But if you have the right cleaning agents, cleaning tools, and the skill & elbow grease ... comes up looking like that :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
What are those lights?

Does anyone have any recommendations of louder horns that are more compact?

Because of the lights I have, I dont really have room for any of these trumpet-type horns. (not only that, I dont like the sound - the horn sound doesnt sound like a motorbike)

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
my moneys on touratwat lamps

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
hey dudes, sorry, Ive been away in the coontry-saad.

Yup, its a TT HID/Fog combination.

Here are some pics with the bike all buttoned up:

Lights are good. You can probably buy them from hella for less.
The wiring you get is shit. I tossed it and wired it all myself.
The only nifty thing you get that you cant get elsewhere is the mounting bracket.

·
Registered
57 Posts
try the mitsuba - slim spiral - from japan...
i'll get mine in april, as my sis is visiting tokio for a week (cheap import :D )

LINK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts