KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can somebody say, what is the (best) place to pick up datasignals from 990SM? I dont like to cut wires or making any irreversible things, so dismantling the connectors would be the way. I need speed and rev signals.

:burnout:- Snowrider -

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Connectors?

Figured out the signal issue...:) ...but can anybody say are those connectors and especially metal pins inside of them available somewhere?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip, this was exactly what I was looking for. Still hard to say from those pictures... could be those in the path: Terminals - Non-insulated terminals - Terminals for moulding - 3-8070 and maybe 3-5550 (3-8030 looks right, but according to the table it is too wide). Need to study his more...

Those original type plastic connector housings for KTM may be hard to find. Maybe best to ask KTM dealer are they available, although it may be a waste of time...

There was also those japanese-type terminals... many times needed before.

- Snowrider -

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Have a look at Connectors - multi connectors too.

In the past I have bought male & female connector blocks,
plus say 50 spare pins to suit.
(admittedly on Japanese bikes)

That way I can either strip off the old blocks,
and use the new ones with supplied pins/blades,
or , have been lucky in finding the spare pins are suitable
for use in the existing blocks.

Either way, a box full of spare bullets/pins/blades,
plus the proper crimping tool have been
worth their weight in gold over the years
in adapting/making up connections on looms.

:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cheked connectors section too - seems more like general (car) connectors. Maybe need to look again...

True, I have also now those japanese (came with some accessory kit), but only few extra left so I have no heart to use them.:rolleyes: Saving them for real need... Maybe now when I know where to get them more:D

But japanese will not help now, for KTM.

Yes, the old ones can be used in many cases, just replacing the inner parts, but now I am planning to make "mid-wire" (was that even nearly correct word?) for fetching some signals out from original wire without damaging the wire permanently.

- Snowrider -
:burnout::burnout::burnout:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts