KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincolnshire to Moffat up as far as Thurso over 5 days, weather was crap in England but lovely up there :D brand new tyre fitted prior to leaving, bit of cors showing by time I got back.

There was me on my SD, another two Sd'ers and a Bandit 1250.

Bloody awesome, best of the pics:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Looks a good trip. How's the sea....looks like your abroad! Where in Lincolnshire you from Dan? I'm born and bred scunny lad, moved out here a few years back and often kick me self for not doing a biking trip up there...infact never even been to Scotland nevermind a bike trip!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where in Lincolnshire you from Dan? I'm born and bred scunny lad
Im sorry to hear that ;) but Oz sounds better than Scunny your not missing much. From Louth originally, however worked in Scunny for the last 6 years, just moving back to Lincoln if all goes to plan, some of the finest roads around here for the SD.

d211? EH?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Mate, funnily enough it is. There ain't much I miss, other than family and friends. Great weather over here for riding. Winter here now and it feels cold but a low at night of 8 deg and a high in day of 18 ain't bad for winter. Bad thing is the Feds are a bit keen over here, it's a bank holiday this weekend which means double points and fines so a minor offence is half yer license! Some good roads though, once you ride for an hour to get away from sydney.
Loving this bike, only had it a week...best decision I ever made. This ones a keeper!!
I hear your having some cracking weather back home mind.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It actually was really crap down here when I was in Scotland but its sunny here today!

My folks live in Perth in the summer over there and I turned down a job in Perth one of the reasons being the roads were crap (no twisties). However your end they were awesome, took a Tuono out in the mountains around Cairns bloody great!

I even got a speeding fine when I was in Perth area, they are shit hot and sneaky about speeding over there!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
You went touring Scotland - are you insane?

A very primitive third world type of country - thank goodness none of you fell off your bikes and needed rescuing or a hospital! Just look at this press report of what goes on when someone is needing to be rescued

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Sheriff-reopens-mineshaft-death-inquiry.6357934.jp

Those photos are pretty inspiring - but that beach shot looks rather like a photoshop special based on a sunny Cornwall location.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i dont really have many pix, only had my iPhone and was too busy thrashing living shit out of my new SDR!! Fuck I love that bike more than I should. We gotta hook up soon for a blast dude...I'm gonna see how teh work situation is in case I can sneak in a cadders day on that weekend soon perhaps

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah will pop down your way on a weekend in august with Ginge, Cadders is on a Mon + Tues so guess could be difficult to get off. The SD got ragged in Scotland bloody awesome roads with three SD's in a row getting 2 wheel air over a very bumpy back road.....just awaiting Scotsdukes footage to arrive on Sd card in post, defo not youtube material....

·
Registered
26 Posts
You went touring Scotland - are you insane?

A very primitive third world type of country - thank goodness none of you fell off your bikes and needed rescuing or a hospital! Just look at this press report of what goes on when someone is needing to be rescued

QUOTE]

load of pish

1 - 13 of 13 Posts