KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbours have put PV cells on their roof and there is now a lot of pigeon sh#t down the side of my house. How can I deter them, i don’t think they are perching as the shit is away from the house, more as they land/fly away. Do the decoys work?. As much as I would like to shoot them that’s not an option. Cheers

·
Administrator
8,415 Posts
Poison?

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
I have a cowl on my chimney that moves in the wind to improve draw. It is in the shape of a raven. Scares small children and tree rats. Recomended.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
You can buy rotating balls with opposing colours which can spook them, or get a kite you fly off a pole that looks like a hovering bird of prey, that also works, it's illigal to poison them

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The factory I work at has a hawk on a pole as a deterrent. Works well. Though Crows sometimes attack it.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why cant you just shoot the fuckers?
I can and will if I have to, need to wait for the neighbours to go away. Would prefer to disperse them naturally. Some good ideas above, thanks chaps👍👍

·
Registered
656 Posts
You could always try a catapult if you can get within 20 meters.

If you're worried about pinging steel ball bearings around you could borrow and airsoft AEG and plastic them to death

·
Registered
519 Posts
Lots of hawks on poles have been cropping up on the roofs of houses 'round here. Probably new solar cells (suckers).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Get yourself an airsoft gun. They fire plastic ball bearings and the pigeons soon learn.
The plastic ball bearings won’t harm the birds

·
Registered
31 Posts
A complex/expensive solution, but fabulous !

Would probably scare pretty much anything out of your garden.....squirrels, cats, foxes, neighbours kids

1 - 20 of 26 Posts