KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Couldn't get Corsa III's from my local Pirelli dealer because they stopped making them aparently. So I got these puppies fitted. They sound pretty trick if you believe the hype. SC2 compound on the sides, enhanced contact patch and much other technobabble. If they are as good as the corsa III I will be happy.

Read a report about a journo getting his knee down in the wet. I won't be trying that at home.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts

Couldn't get Corsa III's from my local Pirelli dealer because they stopped making them aparently. So I got these puppies fitted. They sound pretty trick if you believe the hype. SC2 compound on the sides, enhanced contact patch and much other technobabble. If they are as good as the corsa III I will be happy.

Read a report about a journo getting his knee down in the wet. I won't be trying that at home.
:smokin: indeed

·
Registered
666 Posts
nice, was just talking to a mate about these very tyres. I reckon they're gonna be my next choice.
Keep us updated how you get on with them.:cool:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Had them on the gixxer, savage tyre.. I'd serious confidence in them..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took them to my local hunting ground today to scrub them in. Unfortunately my mountain road was closes for a rally car race (cool) so I had to stick to the lower corners. Chased rally cars on their way to the start line through the twisties.

I am no expert but the tyre felt like it was making the suspension do all the work. The ride felt a little harsher but had the feel that was lacking at the end of the life of the old Corsa 3's. Felt vey solid though and was able to easily scrub them in from side to side on the rear. They feel great but the true test will come tomorrow morning when I go hunting for sportsbikes.

The guys that fitted them are mad bike fiends that allways run supercorsas themselves, and they were pretty excited about the profile and SC2 compound on the sides. Happy days.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Will be interested on how you get on with these as my rear Corsa III's is pretty much shot after only 800 miles !!

·
Registered
552 Posts
They should be good, i'm no expert but I think the Corsa IIIs are brilliant (in the dry!) and stick like shit to a carpet, so these can only be better? :smokin:

Will be interested on how you get on with these as my rear Corsa III's is pretty much shot after only 800 miles !!
800?! :eek::eek: Impressive

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Are you sure that the Diablo Corsa III's are out of production? - because I rather like these tyres. I had a lot of fun this weekend riding the edges of these tyres on a warm day on a dry road and a huge grin on my visage.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Thanks for the tip - Now do I go hunting for a bargain on a tyre that I like - or move onto the latest Pirelli technology ................ or move to another brand ................. or try some of those really nasty tyres that come with a free 'death weave' and are so cheap ............?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
You can get tyres.......... that last longer, grip bettter and work in the wet (better than the old Corsa that is.....)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I just got the Dunlop D616 a few days back.

I absolutely love them! Lots of feed back, good grip and supposedly do well in the rain (No chance trying in that condition yet).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts