KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I dont like the pirelli`s they are scarey in the wet, am going to try sportsmart or qualifiers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I didn't have any problems with the Dragon SC's in the wet, off course I did it a little bit easier, hanging off more in corners and smoother on the gas when accelerating, but nothing scary ... which was a big relief, because I was also afraid that is would be a big (negative) difference comparing to the Pilot Powers I had on my R1

I will get the Diablo SC's after this set .... newer version and profile looks cooler :D

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Diablo Supercorsa BSB...
Good tyre for road use and good price as well!

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
I didn't have any problems with the Dragon SC's in the wet, off course I did it a little bit easier, hanging off more in corners and smoother on the gas when accelerating, but nothing scary
+1 Fantastic tyre, if only they'd last a little longer

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
yes only done 2000 miles on mine and they aint that good now, was gonna get the tyre cutter on them.
Haha, photos when you're done please ;)

·
Registered
469 Posts
definately liking the bsb's alot more than the standard supercorsa's. Even loving them in the wet

·
Registered
283 Posts
I actually put a pair of Rossos on mine for a trip to France (just because of the mileage and peyage use) and they've been fine for road use since. I'll go back to the SC's next time I change I think, I seem to get on with the pirellis.

Mitch

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got 5k miles out of mine. Half a track day & touring.

Liked them in the wet, I could feel the rear drifting on corners but it was so controlable. I now have SC3 (I think).

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
everyone still running 190/55 profile or have you tried a change?

was thinking the rosso corsa next as ive had 2ct's twice now and figure pirelli mustve caught up

·
Registered
72 Posts
I fitted a new rear 190/55 Dragon Supercorsa last week. They're 'old' tyre technology but stick nicely on the roads I ride. Next time I need tyres, I'll try the Diablo Rosso Corsa if it's ever released in Australia. It's annoying reading how good the DRC is in magazines from o/s and then not being able to buy the damn tyres here. I guess Pirelli Australia is trying to get rid of old Supercorsa stock before they bring the DRC in...

Alternatively, the Dunlop 211 and Sportsmart sound like great tyres and they're available now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I put a 180/55 Dragon SCP on the back. Only tyre left at the track. I was using it on the Pau circuit in France (very tight and hilly). A little quicker turning still gave a almost the same grip but it did tend to let go more abruptly when pushed out of corners.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
:eek: I thought you were kidding, lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts