KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, having a high compression piston put in my 250 excf 09, what sort of difference can i expect, been told to run it in for a minimum of 3hrs is this the thing to do.

mousses, are they hard to fit, do you need special tools, and whats the cheapest out there that are any good. cheers

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
not sure about the piston but moosses are a pig to fit if you've never tried.. But I still find fitting a innertube a pig...

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
A bit more omph. All round.
Mousses are not too bad to fit. I have a guide on my site.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
More power will always mean more strain on engine parts, that is just how it is.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just want a bit more oooomph and thought the HC piston would do that, im just interested to see what its like, as for the mousses yep every one says there a pig to fit, ive seen your guide redbikejohn and will be using it when i get the mousses.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
well just sort the jetting and fit a full Akro System much better than HC piston plus you dont cause more engine wear. plus it looks TRICK...or better still get your bike set up with Hockey and control/handeling will produce better speed than power every time.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its already fitted with larger jets and a full DEP system, i just want a bit more out of her, yep ive set the bike up handling wise and yes it does make you ride faster and more confident, she was perfectly ok at dawn to dusk and she servived it,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts