KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to start getting more time out on the bike and get some practice in ready for when the racing season starts again next year and im going to try do a full season with RAW enduro.

But my problem is finding somewhere to ride, i already know about
Cowm quarry
Tong
Uncle eddies

But im looking more for some woods somewhere where i can just turn up ride and not get bothered local to huddersfield

It seems that the few places i have tried are always full of people walking there dogs and close to housing etc so not really suitable for riding in often unless im looking to get a chase of the police.

Im not a nobhead ( some may say different) and im not going to ruin anyone training ground so if anyone has anywhere they wouldnt mind letting me know about i would much appreciate it

Cheers
Jamie

·
Registered
351 Posts
There's a wood by grange moor roundabout. Next to the mx track. Pay the farmer a tenner and you can ride all day. Just watch where you leave your things as there's sometimes some dodgy cunts riding round the field next door on pit bikes.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh yh i forgot to mention that one ive been up there quite a few times its a good little track for a tenner for the day.

Ive also heard of a farmer over golcar/slaithwaite letting you use his land but dont know where abouts it actually is.

Theres a bit of land next to m62 where the guy lives in the middle of motorway but thats just flat land with nothing challenging by the looks of it

·
Registered
351 Posts
Haven't been up for a while as last time I went all the logs and obstacles we put in had all been taken out again. Some guy was there though saying some rocks were due to be delivered some time in September so I may go up sometime over the next few weeks and have a look.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually know the guy who set it all up at the start and made the track there. It was probably bob you was speaking to we was supposed to be doing a bit of an overhaul to the track next weekend and making 1 line round the woods as there are just tracks running all over the place atm. The farmer says he has 100 of tons of rocks we could use. But we couldnt get the machinery needed to do the job so it hs being postponed for time being as the lad was busy

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haven't been up for a while as last time I went all the logs and obstacles we put in had all been taken out again. Some guy was there though saying some rocks were due to be delivered some time in September so I may go up sometime over the next few weeks and have a look.
Give me a shout if you go up and i will come up with you if im not busy and ofcourse you dont mind?
Could do with finding more people to ride with

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don’t have his number but the farm is just after the Kaye arms pub near the grange mood roundabout. The woods are down next to the Mx track about 300m further down the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts