KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

I’ve been a forum dweller for over 10 years and this is the best forum I’ve ever been on. People know my well documented battles with depression and I’m happy to say that coming on here helps me. I can vent, have a laugh, be stupid and also meet some interesting characters.

Now, I need your help please. A random meeting on Friday whilst buying some parts for the SDR has led me to this. I met a guy called Paul, “675Percy” on here, new member selling some KTM parts, I went and met him in Newcastle near Stoke and we got talking.

It turns out the parts are off his late nephews bike, Luke Van de Sande, who many of you will know on here as “Vandernator”. Luke was tragically killed last year on his Superduke, a serving police officer and by all accounts one hell of a guy, he was 28 years old. I didn’t realise it on Friday but like many of you on here I’d had some banter with Luke on here about starting his 660 😂 and we discussed him buying my 950 SM at one point

Anyway I want to help his family with a fantastic initiative they are spearheading in Lukes memory “Lukes Legacy”. They are raising money to fund a Docbike in Staffordshire, a rapid response bike piloted by a doctor to be the first responder to motorcyclist accidents. There is only one operating in the UK in Dorset, which I think we can help to change . . .

We are all bikers, we go out and take the risks, the risks Luke took on that day last March, because we love bikes

I have spoken to Lukes mum Carol and she has given this her blessing. I know times are tough, but please donate whatever you can, even if we get £1 off everyone on here then we all win

I’ve spoken to BigDaddyAdz and he will make this post a “sticky” (steady on) and we have also talked about what else we can do to make this a reality and help Lukes family honour their hero

Thanks all, I’ll be sending Lukes mum Carol this link is she can see what we are all about, let’s do the forum proud ! X

Luke's Legacy (DocBike Staffordshire)

·
Administrator
8,621 Posts
Good work Wazza, I'm in. RIP biddy.

Reactions: WazzaDuke33

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, please share the hell out of this in work, Facebook, everywhere, I’m on a mission now !

·
Registered
5 Posts
All,

I’ve been a forum dweller for over 10 years and this is the best forum I’ve ever been on. People know my well documented battles with depression and I’m happy to say hat coming on here helps me. I can vent, have a laugh, be stupid and also meet some interesting characters.

Now, I need your help please. A random meeting on Friday whilst buying some parts for the SDR has led me to this. I met a guy called Paul, “Percy” on here, new member selling some KTM parts, I went and met him in Newcastle near Stoke and we got talking.

It turns out the parts are off his late nephews bike, Luke Van de Sande, who many of you will know on here as “Vandernator”. Luke was tragically killed last year on his Superduke, a serving police officer and by all accounts one hell of a guy, he was 28 years old. I didn’t realise it on Friday but like many of you on here I’d had some banter with Luke on here about starting his 660 😂 and we discussed him buying my 950 SM at one point

Anyway I want to help his family with a fantastic initiative they are spearheading in Lukes memory “Lukes Legacy”. They are raising money to fund a Docbike in Staffordshire, a rapid response bike piloted by a doctor to be the first responder to motorcyclist accidents. There is only one operating in the UK in Dorset, which I think we can help to change . . .

We are all bikers, we go out and take the risks, the risks Luke took on that day last March, because we love bikes

I have spoken to Lukes mum Carol abd she has given this her blessing. I know times are tough, but please donate whatever you can, even if we get £1 off everyone on here then we all win

I’ve spoken to BigDaddyAdz and he will make this post a “sticky” (steady on) and we have also talked about what else we can do to make this a reality and help Lukes family honour their hero

Thanks all, I’ll be sending is mum Carol this link is she can see what we are all about, let’s do the forum proud ! X

Luke's Legacy (DocBike Staffordshire)
Wazzaduke33
Hi and a big Hi to all members my sister Carol ,sister Hazel and myself so touched by the post Wazzaduke33 has posted we have only been up and running nine months and we already have a bike ready to be fitted out with the equipment we need the defeb and momitoring equipment which is the main items and also the biggest cost so thank you all for supporting this charity are family are all bikers and are fully committed to get the Docbike Staffordshire operational asap we will keep you updated on whats happing .
Again a great big THANK YOU .

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Done ...great work Wazza

Reactions: WazzaDuke33
1 - 20 of 23 Posts