KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering whether any of your lot have encountered this issue before.

So bike was stolen, member of the community found it and reported it to the police. He took this photo.

I have an MET reference of the sighting, was parked in an alley way behind Barclays bank in Wallington.

Attended Croydon police station in the area and they say they don't have it??

Can't get hold Sutton to check there and didn't have time to stop at their office.

Considering it was parked outside a bank would you think the police would make the effort to look at CCTV footage, seems like the thieves either came back to collect before police arrived to fetch it or one of the other counties police force collected and has not registered it yet, surrey or sutton are potential suspects but can't actually speak to any one just waiting for ever to get a call answered. MET give a 2 day turn around to give feedback on your web request.

Had a missed call from Kent Crime investigation at 8am this morning and they have not called back either, followed up with them but they just say they will request a call back.

It's crazy.... for a second there I thought I was getting my bike back

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Personally I don't think the police give a shit about bikes being stolen, if the scum that nicked it wheeled it into a police station the coppers would just say take it away because it will create too much paperwork for us.

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
The police do not collect stolen bikes, their appointed recovery garage will do that if requested to do so. You / your insurance will then be charged for recovery and storage. It will only be released from storage once the police agree / once soco have checked for prints. Your insurance company will then want to have the bike for assessment as part of any claim. The process of dealing with the police, recovery and insurers will test your patience. Dont hold your breath.

It could also be that the thieving scum left it there for a while to see if it had a tracker fitted, then went back and took it away.

The criminal justice system is fucked.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Yep - trackers on mine....if the worst happens ill go and get it myself....happened to my mate....his crosser got nicked - got some mates together, went to the location, asked for his bike back, naer-do-well said "what fucking b...." and was floored in his own doorway. Bike was recovered in the garage....the filth werent contacted...

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
And, just for anyone thats thinking about it....i know its a little bit after the horse has bolted for the op but a 15 quid battery backed tracker on ebay and a 5 quid a month data sim is amazing value for money and your own personal piece of mind...you call the sim, the bike replies back with set off google map co-oridinates....simple as that - goes for 2 days on the battery...im pretty sure youd know it was gone in that time...you can also set up a geo location ring around it so if it gets moved it notifies you...

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
And, just for anyone thats thinking about it....i know its a little bit after the horse has bolted for the op but a 15 quid battery backed tracker on ebay and a 5 quid a month data sim is amazing value for money and your own personal piece of mind...you call the sim, the bike replies back with set off google map co-oridinates....simple as that - goes for 2 days on the battery...im pretty sure youd know it was gone in that time...you can also set up a geo location ring around it so if it gets moved it notifies you...
You need to write up a 'how to' with some product links for the i.t challenged amongst us Sofa ;-)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Happily....this is mine...not where i got it from but just for visual purposes as there are load out there and this is the one ive got...i think mine cost 13 quid or thereabouts....

Theres 3 wires black, red and orange....attach red and black to live and ground and secrete somewhere on the bike (not under the seat - too easy to find) airbox is a good place as its really hard to get to as long as theres no metal above it (like a metal tank) other good places are in the nose fairing somewhere also or tucked away in the tail.

Get a data sim from someone like giff gaff and pay the minimum amount mine are 6 quid.

Put the sim in and connect it to the bike - i would say find a live and ground somewhere else on the bike so it doesnt give the game away...

Once its all connected up text g1234 and the bike talks back with its location....loads of other commands but thats the gist of it...

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
Happily....this is mine...not where i got it from but just for visual purposes as there are load out there and this is the one ive got...i think mine cost 13 quid or thereabouts....

Theres 3 wires black, red and orange....attach red and black to live and ground and secrete somewhere on the bike (not under the seat - too easy to find) airbox is a good place as its really hard to get to as long as theres no metal above it (like a metal tank) other good places are in the nose fairing somewhere also or tucked away in the tail.

Get a data sim from someone like giff gaff and pay the minimum amount mine are 6 quid.

Put the sim in and connect it to the bike - i would say find a live and ground somewhere else on the bike so it doesnt give the game away...

Once its all connected up text g1234 and the bike talks back with its location....loads of other commands but thats the gist of it...
Sorry - where does the orange wire go? Acc?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Sorry - yep orange is tamper (must confess i didnt connect that one up) wasnt sure where but was thinking an ignition wire....

·
Registered
1,816 Posts

Good work Mr sofa 👍

·
Registered
2,100 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Ooh = forgot one bit....i think theres a site that you register the tracker on or something like that....ill go and take a look now...did it so long ago...i might even be wrong on that...

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Sorry to take over your thread....just to say i do feel for you....ive only ever had one bike nicked (a long time ago) - my TDR250 which when i went to collect it, it was on wasteland completely knackered....i almost didnt want it back as it was in such a state....took me ages to get it back together again...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Son had his bike nicked outside an Iceland store. They didn;t show up. They didn;t ask for the CCTV from Iceland.
My son tracked the bike down through his social network to a specific house in Liverpool. Police attended. Bike was in the hallway, they didn;t recover "We didn;t have a search warrant"
Bike then vanished and turned up a few days later burned out.
Bike was recovered to a compound and they wanted £120 off my son for storage. He told them to go fuck themselves

Brother had his bike nicked. Really nice Speed Triple. Again, bike was located to a professional gang and pointed to a warehouse in Salford. Police did nothing, didn't even attend.
Bike never seen again.

Police are utterly useless in pretty much every department. At least my brother finally believed me when I told him the police would do zip to help him get it back.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Juat ro help a bit more....theres the manual from mine so you can see what it does...

Simple list of commands....

1 Link phone - admin123456 (phone number)
2 Change Password - password123456 (new password)
3 SOS - 101#Phone Number#
4 Power Alarm On - pwrsms123456,1
5 Power Alarm Off - pwrsms123456,0
6 Power Alarm On - pwrcall123456,1
7 Power Alarm Off - pwrcall123456,0
8 Ignition Fortify on - acclock,123456,1
9 Ignition fortify off - acclock,123456,0
10 Time for Acc Lock to activate in mins - acclt123456, 3
11 Vibration SMS Alarm On - 125#
12 Vibration SMS Alarm Off - 126#
13 Vibration Call Alarm On - 122#
14 Vibration Call Alarm Off - 121#
15 Vibration trigger time - vibtime123456,n
16 SOS - sossms123456
17 No SOS - no sossms123456
18 SOS - soscall123456
19 No SOS - no soscall123456
20 Location Mandarin - 123 (Don't use this one)
21 Location - g1234 (Use this one)
22 Speed off - speed123456 000
23 Speed on - speed123456 **(=speed - don't know if it is Kmh or mph)
24 Move - move123456 *** (*=distance in metres)
25 Fortify - SF
26 Fortify Off - CF
27 Reset GPS - CQGPS
28 Reset to factory - Format
29 Reset system - CQ
30 Status - CXZT
31 APN - apn123456 ** (Don't use)
32 APN User - apnuser123456 * (Don't use)
33 APN Password - apnpasswd123456 ***(Don#t use)
34 IP - IP ... *(Don't use)
35 Cut Oil - DY (not active on this version)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hahaha comfy I dont mind, I'll be doing your tracking gizmo on my next hog.

Just so gutted at the fact it was found, and then lost again. The plod here are fucking useless

1 - 20 of 59 Posts