KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed the numbers (or the lack of) entries at enduro events, attendence is sometimes very low

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Could be cos it's summer and everyone is out enjoying the sun. The tracks have been proper dusty. That said we have loads of riders in the SW.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does most of the money paid to race go to the land owner?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
well just look at how many events are running and how many series you can do so thats your problem. i was only talking to Bob mullins about this no so long ago. Growing problem with most events but the bigger boys still get reasonable numbers.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Bloody licencing system. Ok if you want to ride a series but if like me and several others you cant commit and like to ride all over the place then the day permit is the only option. I've just paid £15x4 over the entry fees for an event which we want to do,our choice I know,but it limits how many events you do in a year.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
The licencing is a bit of a pain in the arse unless you are getting to all of the events... I liked the way Scotland works with a day licnece system. bit more expensive but handy (mind you a lot of off shore workers probably makes that viable)

I used to cycle race in the polaris mtb races but the damn things were getting more and more corporate and expensive that I just stopped. think innovation could be the key, different types of racing maybe. sometimes good to have just small races with limited numbers, maybe do it like a league like mx, regional ones monthly and then 2-3 big national ones anually for all the regional riders. shorter, evening events might also boost popularity as well?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Give it a couple of weeks and you'll be seeing me there!

WOR events isn't taking anymore registers on the website.

I cant wait

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
you need to plan your races or series then stick to this this will stop you buying a ACU,Opra and other club licenses for example i decide to do BEC and only local H&H that way i save on the licence and Fuel for the H&H events. if you just do a mix of events you end up spening loads over the year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts