KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Recently purchased a 2009 690 smc, first few weeks were great no problems at all then one day whilst out on a ride the bike suddenly started running very poorly. Managed to get the bike home but couldn't go faster than about 30mph and wouldn't rev any higher than 5000 rpm in any gear.

First thoughts from a quick look online was to replace the fuel filter, have done this but the problem still exists. Have also checked the air filter and performed oil/ filter change.

Can anyone shed any light on what could be the problem before I begin spending out any more money?
Any help would be greatly appreciated :confused:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Try plug cap ....and 15 min idle reset

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the suggestions, sadly hasn't worked. I've checked all connections and cleaned with contact cleaner. Checked the coil, plug cap and rectifier with a multimeter and all seems fine. There are no fault codes showing when plugged in to tune ecu.
Does anyone have any other ideas? Bike will run fine for 20 mins and will then suddenly perform badly.

·
Registered
510 Posts
When you say you have checked the plug cap have you trimmed about 3 to 4mm off of the HT lead by unscrewing the cap? Takes a lot of juice that and sizzles the guts out of it after a while. Worth a check if not done so as mine ran like a scooter and was down to burnt out cores.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts