KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and asked for a new rubber ....... for my gear shifter. I was expecting them to say "yep. here you go, that'll be £12" (or something equally rediculous) but no..

"you'll need to buy a whole new gear lever... KTM dont sell the rubber seperately"

???? wtf.

luckily the mechanic there is a good egg and gifted me an Aprilia replacement. will need squeezing on as it quite a bit smaller but thats cool.

how cheeky is that of KTM !!?

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Bit like using three litres of oil at service time and charging you for 4. Or fitting new sprokets and chain when you asked them to fit new tyres (which they didn't fit) also had it in 3 times for a fooking oil leak they cant find. Rant over.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Your signature photo looks like it says "Treblegg". What the fucks a treble egg? :eek:
once had a helmet that said "Integral C99" on the side, always made me laugh as the C was curled around and looked like an e, so my helmet was an integral egg!

·
Registered
565 Posts
once had a helmet that said "Integral C99" on the side, always made me laugh as the C was curled around and looked like an e, so my helmet was an integral egg!
I had a "new AGV" that said it on one side, the weird thing was it still said it after I'd owned it for over a year.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
The parts microfiche for the later LC8 engined bikes all show the gear lever/peg/rubber as a single assembly (so to be fair the dealer was only going by what he had in front of him).

But if you try part no 36205018000 - that's the rubber from an early 950 Adventure - it should fit your bike (990 SM ?)

We could try to charge you £12 for it if you wanted but it should retail for about £2.50 !

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Well i got a new rubber for my shift lever all i had to do was cut it to length then fit it :) From Leisure trail

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I didn't stop by my KTM dealership today. I felt vunerable and potentially likely to succumb to temptation or seduction. So I opened up the throttle and headed off for nice fish tea down the coast - now I feel fat and happy (and richer than if I had entered the KTM Emporium).

·
Premium Member
6,066 Posts
I didn't stop by my KTM dealership today. I felt vunerable and potentially likely to succumb to temptation or seduction. So I opened up the throttle and headed off for nice fish tea down the coast - now I feel fat and happy (and richer than if I had entered the KTM Emporium).
Top tip ;)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
that be A#### then ? where did you get said fish tea that made you happy ??:smokin:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
that be A#### then ? where did you get said fish tea that made you happy ??:smokin:
Wrong side of the country - headed past the other dealer and into the Kingdom of Fife and enjoyed the epicurean delights of the Anstruther Fish Bar - which rather worringly seems to attract a fair number of Harley and Pan American types. However reports are coming in that the reopened and refurbished Nardini's flagship restaurant in Largs is producing the goodies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts