KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to say how good these guys are at getting out parts to my door really quickly.
if you go to our local dealer you will be told 'sorry we dont keep that part in stock,we can get you it in 4 weeks'....even consumables such as brake pads and sprockets.
so ordered bar risers yesterday afternoon ,from gear4, to have them arrive today....excellent!!

on another tack,has anyone experience of agv helmets, specifically the s-v s4 zebra

cheers

·
Registered
463 Posts
Dude my only problem with Gear 4 and its not unique to them is the price they charge for postage to us in Norn Iron. No matter what they think postage to here with Royal Mail is no more expensive than the mainland. I mean £15 to post something that probably in reality costs less than £2 is taking the piss!!
Sorry for the rant, its just a personal pet hate.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I have used Gear4 in the past and found them to be spot on . I've also used Owen (Pebble35) off of here and again spot on , Owens a gent .

Arbo .......... Your tryin to get all us over here tarred with the same brush :eek: Just cause your a tight arse :eek: doesn't mean the rest of us are ;) :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude my only problem with Gear 4 and its not unique to them is the price they charge for postage to us in Norn Iron. .
know what youre sayin but i'll happily pay postage if it means my bike wont be off the road for a month.
them boyos in lisburn couldnt get me an oil pressure switch for 6weeks.again gear 4 had it out to me next day.

how you gettin on with the new tyres?

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Dude my only problem with Gear 4 and its not unique to them is the price they charge for postage to us in Norn Iron. No matter what they think postage to here with Royal Mail is no more expensive than the mainland. I mean £15 to post something that probably in reality costs less than £2 is taking the piss!!
Sorry for the rant, its just a personal pet hate.
Not having a go at Gear 4 here but when you place your order make 100% certain that they know it is Northern Ireland (which is 'UK' as far as Royal Mail and most courier firms are concerned) rather than Southern Ireland (which is 'International' or 'Overseas' parcel rates). We had a problem with a staff member for a short period of time until we gave him a geography lesson !

·
Registered
507 Posts
fleece merchants , --- i dont see why the like of gear 4 have to charge such rates as well as having thier more than adequate margins . This is more of an issue where you have the choice as in consumables ie; filters , pads , etc where the time is not the biggest issue . Where you need a "part" to get the bike on the road , then you pays your money and you takes ----------------------------------------- . These people i would use if i was stuck but not otherwise .

·
Registered
131 Posts
i have an agv stealth as a second helmet.its ok but my main helmet is an arai rx7.it is far more comfy and alot quieter even with the massive vents.i would say that if you can afford,go for arai:)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Was lookin at the new rx7 gp pedrosa in Hursts the other day , nice hat . I have had a plain one for about 5 -6 years now , there would'nt be much to match it for quality.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Hursts !!!! Boucher Road .. A fucking shar a bastards I wouldn't give em scum a fucking penny of my cash , cunts fucking cunts there are .

Have you priced the same lid in Lintons in Ballymena , ask for young Ronnie .

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Use gear4 for all mail order ktm stuff

·
Registered
463 Posts
:
Hursts !!!! Boucher Road .. A fucking shar a bastards I wouldn't give em scum a fucking penny of my cash , cunts fucking cunts there are .

Have you priced the same lid in Lintons in Ballymena , ask for young Ronnie .
Chris really , get off the fence, say what you mean:DAlso I agree kyle, its worth paying the money for postage if you need it quickly, it just grates on my shit that im being ripped off for the postage. Tyres on today, ready to go!! well probably ready to fall off on my arse more like. Did you get yours ? Oh and by the way on my rant about being ripped off on the postage front, "Bikejersey" are one dealer who probably could justify higher postage costs to N.I. but don't, a FAIR and HONEST dealer!!!
IMO

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Gear 4 are my "local" KTM dealer (40 miles away) and on the whole they're pretty good, they've got me out of a hole on more than one occasion.

Some businesses do take advantage of postage rates, although Gear 4 deliver for free if you spend over £50.

As for the extra charge for NI deliveries, a lot of people are ignorant. When I moved from there to England I had to explain to various people that I was British, held a British passport and was not an Irish citizen. One bank's computer selected your nationality based on place of birth - putting in Belfast gave "Irish" :confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:
Tyres on today, ready to go!! well probably ready to fall off on my arse more like. Did you get yours ?
not got the front yet.Philip up at Hilltop is getting me one so will run up sometime this week to get him to fit it and my rear one..will be interesting to see how they affect the bike!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Out today with T on the knobblies, brilliant craic, felt like I was off more than I was on!! :wanker: Lookin forward to Wales :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts