KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't you just hate it when a manufacturer suddenly drops the price.

You can now get a 990 Adventure, with some useful extras thrown in, for £9995. A saving of over £2000. :eek:

I would be seriously pissed off if I had just bought one for the full price.

Also, it will lower the second hand value of everyone's Adventure. :hmh:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Yeah but its not really lowering the price - remember they jacked it up a year ago by the same amount so there is no real saving - just means they are not ripping us off any more

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got my KTM RC8R in March this year at a cost of £12500. Been told by my local dealer yesterday that its worth £8500 max on a trade in on the Adventure 990, DOH.
£4000 in 5 months thanks KTM

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Got my KTM RC8R in March this year at a cost of £12500. Been told by my local dealer yesterday that its worth £8500 max on a trade in on the Adventure 990, DOH.
£4000 in 5 months thanks KTM

You will always get shafted if you buy new and then consider trading it in for another new bike with in the first 2 years . IMO if you buy new ( and I do ) you gotta keep it a long time . If you did trade it in for £8500 the dealer would resell it for £10500 making 2K outta you .

·
Registered
837 Posts
You will always get shafted if you buy new and then consider trading it in for another new bike with in the first 2 years . IMO if you buy new ( and I do ) you gotta keep it a long time . If you did trade it in for £8500 the dealer would resell it for £10500 making 2K outta you .
Yep. My buddy use to have a Adventure. But he then wanted a SM. He brought the Adventure brand new and done all the servicing by the same dealer. He then traded the Adventure for 7500 for the SM. And believe me, that bike looked like out of the shop. He never done offroad, he cleaned her like she's a Harley. The dealer sold her then for 9500. Had nothing to do on it. He even got a spare seat and crashbars for it.
So my buddy wasn't my buddy anymore. As he never said. He just pulled up with the new bike. I was so annoyed. I would have brought the bike off him for sure for 7500. No questions ask.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
i was offered a new 990 two years ago for £7200 OTR with Panniers... fowlers had them on offer...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just bought one of these 990 Adventures, offer is supposed to end today. Seems a great deal, Side Panniers, Tank Bag, Touring Screen and rack system all free and then got a Rear Box, Engine bars, Garmin dash mount and heated grips added as well bringing the total to 10600. Dealers are putting in the Autocom and wiring up the Sat Nav as part of the deal so all in all seems liek a good deal to me. Collecting it next Wednesday and really looking forward to it, first new bike in 20 years and I still have it, an FJ1200. Hopefully the service from this one will be as good as the old one. Look forward to reading through the Boards and finding out some good tips.:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts