KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I am going insane trying to bleed up my rear brake.
It started off with having no rear brake when i was out riding. when I took out the rear pads I found that the inner pad next to the piston had not worn even and the piston would not push back. At first I thought it was that the piston was cockeyed so i popped it out and had to open the bleed valve to allow it to be pushed back in.
I then tried to bleed the system by pumping the rear pedal but was not working so I tried to back bleed it but it would not work until I backed off the rear master cylinder plunger and finally removed it. I then managed to back bleed it fine till the point no air was coming out. I thought that would be it but after fitting the plunger back in and adjusting it so that it is just touching the master cylinder it would be fine but the pedal is very weak and hardly pushes the piston out. I then tried back bleeding it again but it would not work unless the plunger is removed even though it is just adjusted to the minimum amount. It will back bleed every time the plunger is removed though.
Do you think I have a faulty rear master cylinder and is this a common problem. Any feed back would be great as I am racing tomorrow and need to start ringing around for parts.

Thanks
Zips.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sounds like your master cylinder plunger has worn out. They cost under £25 quid.
Completely agree....I have just had the same NIGHTMARE....cost me about £25 in brake fluid alone....:censored:

Get a master cylinder repair kit, you will need a small pair of circlip pliers to fit it and it takes 5 mins (dead easy)....troubles ended...;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts