KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
I fixed a pucture with a bicycle repair kit the other week. I also stuck a bottle of tyre slime in the tube just incase the patch was not up to the job. No issues in this corner

·
Registered
815 Posts
I think for me I would puncture repair t get me home if I had to but for safety I would fit a new one, if you get a dodgy repair on your push bike how much damage are you going to do if you get a sudden flat, but going round a corner at a rate of knots, is it worth the risk?

·
Registered
790 Posts
D.G.

Not again!!!!!!!!!!

R:D

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
ive fixed punctures before using patches - ive got a proper motorbike repair kit with think patches (don't use mountain bike ones!!) . I think i got it from either a bike shop or even halfords; and carry it round under the seat with a pair of 8" tyre levers (one is half a 17mm ring spanner welded onto half a 8" tyre lever that Ive had since the early 90's) and a short mountain bike pump; why waste money on Co2 canisters hey!! - .....fine unless you split the tube badly - then its new tube time

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I honestly dont see the problem with repairing the tube since IMO 30PSI + will hold the patch in place let alone the glue. I have repaired plenty when i used to run tubes in the Enduro bikes which i would often ride at speeds up to 90mph(on private land) without ill effect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts