KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pisser No 1 of the day. Picked up a nail in the rear tyre

Pisser No 2 of the day. RAC took 2hrs 40 mins to come to my assistance :mad:

Pisser No 3 of the day. Rang national tyres who said they can fix tubed tyre punctures. Gets RAC man to do a slight detour, gets to National tyres who say they dont fix bike tyres... But rang on I rang your branch about an hour ago and I was even given a price WTF... Wankshafts

Excuse my ignorance as every bike I have had previous has been tubeless can I repair this puncture with a normal puncture repair kit? and should I still get the tyre plugged.

·
Registered
136 Posts
A plug should be ok to get you up and going on tubeless tyres but I would get it repaired properly ASAP. Years ago I had a puncture and the bike shop used a plug (bit of sticky string). Never had a problem with it and did a lot of miles but I wouldn't do it now. I still use that type for punctures in my 4WD tyres. There's some stuff you can buy for tubed and tubeless tyres that seals leaks and supposed to work well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Paul the guy up at Rivvi has a good tubeless kit proper mushroom plugs, watch him do a demo last week as I asked about a repair to a side wall ( I know not suppose) but it was a new tyre and only a small hole. But the tubeless kit looked really good..not the string types.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry fella miss read. Yeah patch the tube, and try some superglue on the tyre hole as a patch on the inside of the tyre will rub on the tube.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If its a tubed tyre just put in a new tube and away you go.

Had a tube repaired years ago and luckily avoided a very nasty accident when it let go while I was overtaking. Tube just blew out and suddenly I was going along the road sideways having just got passed the car. Managed to stay up right and wrestle the bike to the kerb. Never again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts