KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Has anyone ever push started a 690 Duke 2012+ model? If so, what road speed, what gear?

If you did, did you need to push the starer button to "convince" it that it wanted to be starting?

Or does anyone _know_ that this bike cannot be push started? I tried asking my dealer and no-one knew if it could or could not, and it'd never been tried.

For the love of God I've tried but failed to bump start this. Usually when I've ran the battery out, but also during peacetime just for practice if I ever needed to.

Rich

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Have you ever bumped a bike before ? .....you don't need to press starter ...just key on

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I've bumped my 990 Adventure a number of times - you need to be going pretty quick (there is no way you would do it running alongside on a level road IME). Get it on a decent hill and use 3rd gear (it locks up in 1st or 2nd) - be on it, not running alongside. 690 should be similar I'd imagine.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Before the TPI, I had a Sherco 300 4 stroke: it wouldn't bump start unless I gave it also a quick touch on the starter button. No way it would "wake up" otherwise.

·
Registered
15,817 Posts
What Dozerman said. You need a hill. Or a tow, now that’s a challenge.
No hope running next to it.:eek:

I had a Husky WR250 that wouldn’t kick start after a wash. I spent 20 minutes trying to bump start it. Heart rate at about 180, completely shagged. Seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack! In 2nd gear clutch out running next to it, nothing.
After throwing up, I spotted the exhaust butt plug!
Started first kick. Fuckhead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts