KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Just a few photo's of my quick blast down to the Pyrenees last weekend. Went last Saturday but due to work had to be back by this Thursday.

Weather was good and the Pyrenees are a nice alternative to the Alps. :)

Coffee on the go.

Thank god for my airhawk. Calais to Toulouse in one day.
No problem for the big Adv. :D

Camped near Ax-les-Thermes.

Nice blue sky the next morning.

Empty twisty roads. Adventure country. :cool:

Went up the Pas De La Casa into Andorra.

To be honest the smaller passes where better and more fun with less traffic and Gendarmes on FJRs. :D

Relaxing after a good days ride.

A few more pics.

Rode back up the West Coast of France and stopped in the little town of Pons just north of Bordeaux.

North of Poitiers jumped back on the autoroute and headed for home.

The big Adv was brilliant for this trip particularly on the tight mountain passes. :cool:

Clocked up the 30k mark on this run and the engine is sweeter than ever. In over 1600 hard miles it averaged about 40mpg and used no oil.

Thanks for looking. :)

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Nice work,

Calais to Toulouse in one day - you deserve a medal :D

Is your 950 one of the very last, it being an '06 reg?

Bob.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Lovely, thanks for sharing, im more jealous than Jimmy McJealous from Jealousville wearing a big green jealous hat!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Nice one. It looks like you had good weather. I went to the pyrenees on a bike a few years ago and I loved it. This is a good reminder to go again.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Nice work,

Calais to Toulouse in one day - you deserve a medal :D

Bob.
Did 30miles south of Barcelona to Home(leicester) with just a 3hr wait for Chunnel + 35mins Chunnel time for rest besides fuel fill ups. Nephew had the airhawk and i was on the standard '04 seat.

....this was like 5yrs ago.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Good report / Photo's Rich, we did Andorra couple of years ago, Fantastic roads and France is always good for riding.

An 06 950 - a rare and beautiful thing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the reply's guys. :)

The Pyrenees was Plan B as I had originally intended to go to the Gap area as I have some routes for a couple of gravel roads in the mountains (including a scary tunnel...:eek:).

However the forecast look bleak for that area on the days that I was due to be there. Have been to the Pyrenees before but they are always worth another visit with lots to explore.

Bike was registered in April 06 and is possibly one of the last 950 Adv's to be registered in the UK?? The build date was Jan 05 so it must have been loitering around at the KTM factory for over a year which is odd.

The pass into Andorra was over 2000 meters but didn't notice much loss in power with the carbs. And the airhawk certainly saved my butt!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Fantastic and inspirational in a 'just get on and go' sort of way. Thanks. The weather was very kind to you and the mountains look paricularly nice at this time of year. If you're over the water for another short trip and fancy somewhere different, drop-by us on the Mosel Valley. We've lovely roads and tracks for the big V and you'd be very welcome to stay with us for a couple of nights, we've a big place.

·
Registered
186 Posts
A few years ago four of us went from Herts to carcasonne in one hit 1x 950 adv 1x fazer 1000 1x vstrom 1000 and last but not least a brave bastard on a ducati 996. About 765 miles me ring was in tatters.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts