KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd say a quick hello.

I've just bought an 08 450exc sixdays for a bit of green lane fun round Derbyshire whilst the sports bike sits in the garage over winter. Only managed a few trips out so far but starting to get into this mud plugging lark :)

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Welcome Dave ....I'll have a coffee at this time of night ta :)

Best sell the sportsbike cos' you'll be having more fun laning ;)

Belper isn't too far from my gaff and i should be out around Derbyshire now the wetter weather is upon us.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave, enjoy yir new bike :smokin:

·
Registered
510 Posts
From one newbie to another! Welcome, I've only recently bought my first KTM, just gave it a full service and its ready to go. This forum is very helpful

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wecome to the gang Dave...hope you know what your letting yourself in for!!! these mud pluggers are very very addictive,so much so that im planning to sell my much loved road bike as spent all my spare time on the big bad orange beast these days..summer & winter.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Wecome to the gang Dave...hope you know what your letting yourself in for!!! these mud pluggers are very very addictive,so much so that im planning to sell my much loved road bike as spent all my spare time on the big bad orange beast these days..summer & winter.
Agreed! I sold my road bike to buy my KTM, but the race bike is still tucked away ready for next year, wonder where my money will go lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Agreed! I sold my road bike to buy my KTM, but the race bike is still tucked away ready for next year, wonder where my money will go lol
Done it the other way round in selling my race bike to fund the KTM & kept the road bike..got to say dont think i'l miss the road bike but do miss the buzz of racing but defo not the crazy amount of money needed to do a seasons racing.!!! still around £50 to enter an enduro for 3 hours racing is great value,great fun & totaly knackering.!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Already really enjoying learning new riding skills, even falling off doesn't hurt as much :-s but I love my road & track bikes so can't see me giving them up just yet.

Look forward to meeting a few of you out and about

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
384 Posts
I did same last year, bought ktm for winter and found myself not bothered about riding sports bike on the road anymore, when I had the choice preferred to go out laning...so flogged road bike and got a trackbike to scratch the speed itch

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Welcome. I just sold my Ducati as riding and racing dirt bikes is just loads more fun. Never thought I would but there it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts