KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
afternoon lads just a quick question regarding the tune ecu software etc,

months ago i decided to buy the cable and after alot to searching forums i found something relating to boneheads map plus the download file for trying, now as this was ages ago im struggling to find the page,Im sure it was mapped for a standard exhaust (not sure if the baffles were removed or not) with just a k&n filter, now this has been on the bike a while now and it seems fine, my only doubt with the map is that the 02 sensors have been turned off, it has been mentioned that having these off can damage the cats inside the exhaust. possible because the cats are still intact and havent been removed?

could somebody shine some light on this subject as i really dont feel like damaging the bike if i can help it.

if somebody has boneheads map or the man himself pops up could you just let me know if im right in thinking its the standard exhaust and k&n filter please.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hello mate, I've had my bike mapped twice, once when it was on a DNA filter and standard exhaust, with o2 eliminators fitted and the other time after I had bought my Akra system. They're both out there somewhere, so it's impossible for me to say which one you have, though I did label them appropriately when I sent them off to various people.

Let me know your email address and I'll send you the one that works with a standard can. This is all for a 2008 spec original bike. (Making 151bhp at the wheel on the day, from 138 before the mapping on the same day)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arrrr hows it going bonehead glad u got back to me, email address is [email protected].

so u actually put o2 eliminators on the bike then.mine are still fitted but turned of on the tune ecu software. is there any difference in this? ive also got the k&n but i cant see that being much of a change is any...i i guess ill have to get myself these o2 eliminators if i need them then.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
The copy I have is rather usefully titled... "Boneheads 08 Akra Map" !! ;) :rotflmao:

The original file name is... KTM RC8 KM690EU0802031Map for Akra with Nick's PCIII Map laid over the top via TuneECU

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so could anybody actually tell me if i will need the sas plates and the o2 eliminators if ive got these turned of on boneheads custom map. all mine are still present on the bike.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i assumed the o2 eliminators were only an option when youve taken them off the bike resulting in error code on the dash, not too sure about the sas plates either, maybe again if theyve been taken off then i can see why, i assumed if everything is turned of then why bother?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
i assumed the o2 eliminators were only an option when youve taken them off the bike resulting in error code on the dash, not too sure about the sas plates either, maybe again if theyve been taken off then i can see why, i assumed if everything is turned of then why bother?
no need for eliminators if o2 is turned of in tuneecu ,sas needs to be blanked of unless you like the popping

·
Registered
438 Posts
That's pretty much it with O2 sensors.

If you've turned them off in the map itself then you don't necessarily have to remove them.

Personally, I always do. I don't see the point in leaving the wires on show and if nothing else it means they'll work if you ever need to use them in the future. If you leave them in they will continue to gather carbon deposits and may no work if you need to turn them on again in the future.

One positive of using the O2 eliminators, even with the sensors disabled in the map, is weather protection (assuming you choose to remove the sensors themselves from the exhaust). Without a proper plug over the connector you run the risk of corrosion should any water find its way into the now unsealed plug. You can of course tape / protect the plug but the rubber seal contained within the O2 eliminator (and stock sensor) plugs is hard to beat :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.