KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone on here having ago at this roadbook event? This will be my first attempt at a roadbook navigation, its 160km in Thetford Forest at the end of November.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yeah, I've signed up for it. I've done four of their events previously on a 1200GS. This one will probably be the first time I go offroad on the new 690. Looking forward to it as there are not many events on now due to covid.

·
Administrator
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll look out for you, it will be the first event for me on the 690 too and my first roadbook. Riders limited to 30 I believe so not that many at all.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sounds good, I'll be on a standard 690 with a wings exhaust, not sure if I'll manage any other mods by then. I'll recognise your bike from your posts. They are laid-back events, designed for the adventure bikes so I'll probably just be on the standard tyres. Although for this one I believe they have said it might be more challenging due to the sandy going. It's not a race & you just ride to your own ability. Guess you know you need to download a rally tripmeter to your phone, unless you have the pro kit. I've got f2r which is free on android. I found the road book easy enough to pick up on my first event. There is a guide you could read on their website.

·
Administrator
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Administrator
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good, I'll be on a standard 690 with a wings exhaust, not sure if I'll manage any other mods by then. I'll recognise your bike from your posts. They are laid-back events, designed for the adventure bikes so I'll probably just be on the standard tyres. Although for this one I believe they have said it might be more challenging due to the sandy going. It's not a race & you just ride to your own ability. Guess you know you need to download a rally tripmeter to your phone, unless you have the pro kit. I've got f2r which is free on android. I found the road book easy enough to pick up on my first event. There is a guide you could read on their website.
I have a roadbook and I'm going to use the F2R app as you mentioned.

·
Administrator
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its definitely on Android as I've already downloaded it

·
Administrator
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've just looked on Google and if you search for rally trip meter there are other options.

·
Administrator
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Reactions: Dibbs

·
Administrator
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, 13th of December. Need to start learning the roadbook tulips? (Is that what they are called?)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yeah, I believe so. I just had a quick look at the guide below before the first event I did. It is fairly straight forward/self explanatory and you can pick it up as you go along. Main thing is to keep an eye on the tripmeter (other eye on the road, lol) for distance to the next turn.

·
Registered
606 Posts
They look good these rides, make sure you do a ride report, good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They look fun and designed for big bikes so I'm hoping the 690 should do ok. I've never used a roadbook before so that will be a challenge. As long as I have a good ride after all this shit going on ill be happy.

Reactions: Burner and Majesty

·
Registered
226 Posts
Looking forward to see how you get on Adz. You'll love it I'm sure! me and a mate are hoping to join Rally Moto next year and try a few events as its always nice to ride somewhere different and they look like good fun events.

·
Administrator
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I think Thetford is fully booked but there will be more events next year

Reactions: spitfire
1 - 20 of 24 Posts