KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always loved RC8 when they fitst came out but couldn't justify chopping in my 950sm for one. Decided finally to make the jump and go for one. I know they are devoid of TC and other electronic gizmos, but what about ABS? Was it ever an option on the RC8, I've seen an advert that mentioned ABS but it could have been an error.

·
Administrator
10,458 Posts
I don't think they ever had ABS.

·
Registered
317 Posts
as above, it was never an option. i believe it was about the time when ABS was being made mandatory, thats when the RC8 was killed off as they were not going to add it to the bike.

there are third party wiring harnesses that add on TC and possibly ABS but cannot remember, i think its Bazzaz?

·
Registered
KTM RC8
223 Posts
Bazaz and the like don't have an ABS function, they cut spark when sensing wheel slip.

ABS would require an ABS pump unit, extra plumbing, high resolution wheel speed sensors adding front and rear, and an ABS control module. Best bet would be to get the bits off an older pre IMU (i.e. without cornering ABS) SDR or similar, and then put in a lot of work, for you to only then probably switch it all off when you got on track.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers I was fairly sure the RC8 didn't have ABS, that advert threw me, just wanted confirmation. Don't need TC, good tyres and possibly sorted fuelling to smooth out throttle connection is generally all you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts