KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
There are 2 versions of the Akra. The 'normal' Akra will fit both the R and non-R. The 'Evo 4' Akra is designed for use on the R only, in conjunction with the various race kits. I'd contact the seller to find out which version it is.

If it's an Evo 4, also bear in mind that there isn't an option to fit a baffle and the system puts out around 107dB compared to the 'normal' Akra which is about 105dB at 5000rpm without the baffle. 107dB won't pass noise testing at most UK trackdays.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
FT is correct, saw a guy at snetterton get turned away at 107db. Actually, maybe I'd better take my baffle to the nurburgring? Doh!

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Actually, maybe I'd better take my baffle to the nurburgring? Doh!
I'm such a wuss I went as far as putting the OE exhaust back on, lol

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I'm such a wuss I went as far as putting the OE exhaust back on, lol
i might not bother with the baffle, i ran the 848 there using a full system and Zard end cans, No baffles on them bad boys....... trick is to wheel the bike up to the bar making 'bike noises' in your helmet......Buuurrrrghhhh...blatt blatt blatt....burrghhhhhh....grrrrrrr....rev rev

Then when the barrier gos up, hit the start switch....stall... hit it again and nail it :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm running akra evo 4 on my standard rc8.works well so long as you get a good dyno set up but was told it was dangerously lean before pc111 was set up.
had each cylinder mapped individually , apparently the rear ran a lot leaner than the front.
even got a baffle with it !!! ( straight through noise reduction thingy ) scottish circuits not too bad on noise but gonna get the baffle modded for when needed.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
As per Fattyez post I run Evo 4 and have not bin offered a baffle. In fact when you look at it, it isn't designed for 1.
I may be wrong as always.

PLC (fk its noisy,ask the lads at Le Mans)

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
I'm running akra evo 4 on my standard rc8.works well so long as you get a good dyno set up but was told it was dangerously lean before pc111 was set up.
had each cylinder mapped individually , apparently the rear ran a lot leaner than the front.
even got a baffle with it !!! ( straight through noise reduction thingy ) scottish circuits not too bad on noise but gonna get the baffle modded for when needed.
Just checking... are you sure it's an Evo 4 system mate? I only ask because that goes against all that's been said about the Evo 4 both on the forum and from dealers I've spoken to (ie, no option to fit a baffle). They look pretty much identical, but I believe that the Evo 4 has slightly larger diameter header pipes.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Talking of exhausts we go back to re-packing.
So the Akra has been thrashed to an inch of its life, so do I get it re packed(if in fact there is any packing in it)
Sorry old chestnut I know!!!!!

PLC (sorry, can't hear you,say again)

·
Registered
161 Posts
not sure..... but its got evo 4 written in inch high letters...
to be honest i havent tried to fit the baffle , if you can call it that,its a straight through piece which simply reduces diameter of outlet pipe.
wish i knew how to post pics !

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
but its got evo 4 written in inch high letters...
Probably fairly conclusive then, lol :D

Maybe they've started to ship with baffles now then, which makes far more sense than having a system that exceeds most limits

·
Registered
885 Posts
So the Akra has been thrashed to an inch of its life
PLC (sorry, can't hear you,say again)
PLC.. Are you sure it's been ridden that hard???? Looking at some of your pictures, it looks a little more like it was being run in..... ;) More massaged than thrashed..... I reckon your packing would be good for another 50 odd track days like that......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts