KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather is as good as it has been for months, and now I have to look at the RC8 while it sits in the garage, begging to get out! Lockdown is a real thing now in the UK.

I'm going to order some blanking plates and de-SAS it. Fun as the popping and banging with the JCE exhaust is, I think full SAS removal is on the cards, while I've got the tank off a valve check and change of air filter won't go amiss either.

Currently getting around 30mpg on the Akra map, O2 switched off. It's smoother on the throttle at part openings but might improve more when the SAS is removed.

Probably ordering a 16T front sprocket while I'm at it, and lithium battery.

Thing weighs in at just under 200kg with a full tank, which is less than my CBR600.

Sad to think that summer might be over before I get to test all this out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Likewise I'm looking at the 8 and the weather, locked down because of a fxxxxxd front wheel and the virus
I have a 16t front cog, SAS blanking plates, new rear disc, carbon fibre fairing panels and a RaceBolt stainless engine bolt set ready to fit....
The wheel was supposed to be on its way to Maidstone Motoliner for repairs, they too are locked down.....
Aaaaaaargh

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you not able to fit the wheel yourself?

After doing these mods, I think I'll struggle to remember how it felt before in comparison. I definitely felt the loss of almost 6kg from the exhaust, and my eardrums definitely noticed the difference!

I have started to use earplugs now, it was bearable for the first 30 mins on a ride but with plugs you can ride for hours.

I'm expecting it to become a wheelie machine with a 16T.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The wheel needs a flat spot pressing out, hit a stone in the road in the dark.
The 16t front will eliminate the lumpy ness you can get on pulling away, a v twin thing,miracle cure on my Aprilia,also fitted a throttle tamper, should be a nice workable fix.
The 16t does indeed liven things up in the acceleration department

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've straightened car alloys out before now, using a bottle jack inside. The wheel was slightly oval, so not that big a deal to straighten it out.

Not sure I'd risk that on a high performance bike though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts