KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, already registered on here as roadracer2010, but can't log in under that name for some reason, i emailed admin but no reply (so ye mite try sort it when ye get a chance please)... anyways.

Can someone tell me the internal & external diameter for the rear shock spring, I am having ohlins (US) build me a one-off spring.... thanks in advance... (don't have the standard spring to hand, as its off been powdercoated....)

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the WP spring is offset so if you're fitting an Ohlins you'll have to make an adaptor plate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think my wp spring was £45 ish, can't imagine ohlins will be much cheaper.
Where are you getting a spring for £45, FTR are quoting me £79 plus vat, plus £12.95 postage to Ireland, ohlins from the states works out approx. €75 incl, vat & postage.

I'm pretty sure that the WP spring is offset so if you're fitting an Ohlins you'll have to make an adaptor plate
What do you mean by off-set, off-set from what ? Any idea of diameters, as far as i remember, ext dia. is 78mm, int dia is 52mm, but not 100% certain.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
all of his springs had the same price, don't know if he either stopped doing these prices or he is out of stock

·
Registered
101 Posts
all of his springs had the same price, don't know if he either stopped doing these prices or he is out of stock
spoke to him yesterday after a 95NM spring and he's only got the 85NM ones left...and he can't get any more for some reason...so I ended up getting a full price WP one (£90 ish) from Redline

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
What do you mean by off-set, off-set from what ? Any idea of diameters, as far as i remember, ext dia. is 78mm, int dia is 52mm, but not 100% certain.
Offset from the centre point of the top of the spring. ie the centre point of the top ring of the spring is not on the same centre line as the centre point of the bottom ring

The WP spring is offset so that it doesn't foul the swingarm I think, so if the Ohlins spring you are getting isn't offset you will have to mount it in to an adaptor plate at the bottom in order to move the base of the spring away from the swingarm (or whatever it is that it would foul)

Can't help you with measurements I'm sorry (don't have access to it at the mo) but if one of the lads can post a photo of the spring that they replaced, you'll be able to see the offset

1 - 11 of 11 Posts