KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
KTM RC8
141 Posts
Well you can't really argue that he's just trolling and doesn't own one :ROFLMAO:

Riding and owning a KTM RC8 is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

First you must gradually warm her up by turning her on, and pushing the right buttons. If she's in the mood, she'll let you know by making encouraging noises, only then can you carefully straddle her to take control.

Maintain a tight grip for the wildest two minutes of your life. When it's all over there may be hot liquid seeping from the rear. Don't be alarmed, discharge is common, especially once past a certain age.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well you can't really argue that he's just trolling and doesn't own one :ROFLMAO:

Riding and owning a KTM RC8 is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

First you must gradually warm her up by turning her on, and pushing the right buttons. If she's in the mood, she'll let you know by making encouraging noises, only then can you carefully straddle her to take control.

Maintain a tight grip for the wildest two minutes of your life. When it's all over there may be hot liquid seeping from the rear. Don't be alarmed, discharge is common, especially once past a certain age.
I bought my RC8R from Swiss Tony. Well, he wasn't called Tony but he was Swiss.

·
Registered
355 Posts
A bit harsh but some of what he moans about is very true; ever messy oil changes, expanding tank, hideous stock seat, coolant bleeding faff - didn't put me off loving mine for the 6 years I owned mine. If he's that picky, he needs a Honda in his life

·
Registered
KTM RC8
141 Posts
The first time I sat on the seat, it dug into my inner thighs. But after putting my feet onto the pegs, I found the seat to be rather comfortable. I've done a couple of hours between stops. Am I sadist?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a member in the US forum but had to join and respond with my actual experience having owned some interesting bikes ............. I have been fortunate to have owned just about every rare collectible sport bike made. MC28, MC21 Rothmans, TZR SPR, RC30, OW01, Bimota Vdue, ZXR750R, KR1S, 98 R1, SDR200, RG500, RZ500, 1199 Race bike, '16 R1, '13 RSV4 factory, etc.

Conclusion ...... The KTM is by far the greatest riding experience, no question. I currently have a '14 HP4, '15 RC8R, '15 SDR, 93 ZX7R M1, 1992 GSXR750, and 2003 RC51. I am not even sure I want a four cylinder anymore. If I ride the HP4 back to back with the RC8R, while the HP4 is fast, what the RC8R lacks in speed, it by far makes up for it in electryfying personality and cornering. Simply put, the RC8R is more fun by a mile (or whatever the UK term is.). Just my actual real ownership feedback on how great these bikes are to ride. Thank you KTM!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
well I can only agree with the review. Changed another waterpump seal today, 4th time now, (bike got 70000km's), was ready with everything including the famous 45°C upfront thing, when I noticed the fuel seal was leaking. KTM is build for
people who like to wrench. IMG_20210407_151131.jpg

Reactions: InfiniteCharlie
1 - 13 of 13 Posts