KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Andy here from ireland, i purchased an 09 RC8 on friday, i am heading to mainland europe on thursday this week for a 3000 mile round trip can anyone recommend from experince a good suspension setting for same. I have dialled in the comfort setting but the rear end is still a little hard, I am 13 stone fully kitted.

Thanks in Advance,
Andy

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi Andy,
Really the only way to go regarding the rear is to fit a softer spring, Standard is 110nm which is way to stiff for our bumpy roads.
I was recommended a 90nm spring (Available on fleabay) and a professional set up.

I opted to pile on 2 1/2 stone after packing up the fags, and it worked a treat!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Andy I'm much the same weight as you and was running comfort front / rear (had set up done by mick grant at cadwell which finished up pretty close to the comfort settings although he reckoned the rear was still a bit firm) I've bought a 95 spring and shall get it fitted and a revalve when I can find time to pull the shock off).

·
Registered
28 Posts
I spoke to FTR Suspension today (they have a fleabay shop, currently £50 for a rear spring), the fella there recommended a 90Nm spring for my 70kg/11 stone. Gonna try it and see how it works with the standard forks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
For whatever its worth, I weigh 118 kg and need to replace the springs on all my bikes with much heavier springs. When I took my RC8R to my suspension guy he was surprised that the stock spring worked fine for me. !!! It doesn't surprise me to hear that most guys are ordering lighter springs. My suspension guy is one of your countrymen (Dave Moss) and a well known suspension expert here in the US. Dave says that the "suggested settings" in the KTM book are actually very good and what he would dial in as an initial starting point. Dave is this guy: http://www.feelthetrack.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts