KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

just been having a look on the KTM cd and was wondering has anyone tried the TRACK suspension settings on a trackday. If you have how good was it, close or a mile away.

lee:scooter:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I haven't used the track settings on the track yet , but I use on the track settings on the road on the advice of Fast Bikes mag.

It's much better than the regular settings and I reckon it would be pretty good on track, depending on how you like your bike to ride.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Where do I find these settings?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Get hold of Dufromage. Before he rode the Akra at Le Mans he set up the suspension to his liking. Seemed pretty simple to me.

PLC(275 days to go)

·
Registered
799 Posts
I think we sent the suss to HM Racing three or four times, changed the rear spring late on as they were out of stock for ages! HM sorted it all in the end but was a fine line between good and bad on the stock valves etc, hence it was sent away a few times.. Francis (the rider) knows what he's looking for in suss, lucky for me coz I ride on any old settings... :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I haven't used the track settings on the track yet , but I use on the track settings on the road on the advice of Fast Bikes mag.

It's much better than the regular settings and I reckon it would be pretty good on track, depending on how you like your bike to ride.
Hy, can you put done the settings of fastbike?
because im struggeling on track (its eating my tyre):smokin:

·
Registered
893 Posts
who's eating your tyre... front or back? There was an absolute cracking link somewhere on here to a video of a guy showing "this tyre wear indicates this and the remedy is etc etc"

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oke thanks maybe mi tyrepressure is to low going to have a try next thursday on track.
And mabe go back to pirrelli´s

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi here are the pics of the reartyre the wear is not so good to see because ive done some road riding on the tyre but i hope someone has the golden advice.:smokin:

ive now done the following put the rearsupension in standart settings and the rearend on its higest position.
now hope fore dry weather on thursday:dozey:

:smokin:

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
looks like the tyre pressure is too high by what i have seen on the vid. described as a hot tear, not enough contact patch in the power area, super heats the top surface and tears it off

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oke but nowan hase any custom settings fore on track?
Everwan is running standart sportsetting of ktm???

here is where ive got my tyre pressure from

i run the d211 whit medium compound:burnout:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Guys

did the best thing ever today regarding my suspension. I set both front and rear to comfort. Simple. Im 13 stone without leathers on and only ride on the road. These settings seem to work perfect for me, very smooth and no bouncing out of the seat like in standard settings. So happy with it now and really not sure why i didnt do it sooner. If i had sent the shocks off to get professionally done and they had come back like this i would think its money well spent.:D:D:D:D
Still pishing oil though. lol:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dave Moss is one of your countrymen and the guy who does my suspension. He rocks. By the way, your tire is barely tearing. That is nothing and I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts