KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chopped in my for last weekend and can't praise the Supermoto enough. It's like my old TDR 250 but with attitude..... why did I wait so long?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is that the gel seat there? What's it like two up? I've had a pillion on for a few hours and our arses were killing us. I don't find the standard seat a problem one up because when you're solo riding you get to move around in the saddle but two you don't move so much.

Good chioce btw, I love my SMT way more than I ever did my old Blade.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr Beyond, the gel seat is good but not having ridden one with a standard seat, I can't really compare. Just got it last weekend and done 200'ish miles with a pillion and other than the usual niggles, it was comfy. Waaaayyy comfier than doing the same trip one up on an RC8 anyway!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mr Beyond, the gel seat is good but not having ridden one with a standard seat, I can't really compare. Just got it last weekend and done 200'ish miles with a pillion and other than the usual niggles, it was comfy. Waaaayyy comfier than doing the same trip one up on an RC8 anyway!
Hey where did you get your gl seat from mate and how much was it? if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I felt one up (the gel seat ;)) at the dealers and they felt harder than the stock, I wonder if that's because of the gel insert and it moulds to your bum when you actually sit on it.

I'm torn between trying the gel seat or sending the existing seat to someone to re-upholster it accounting for my size and weight (5 11", 15st). Neither are cheap and if it doesn't resolve the aching arse problem I'll have thrown £150+ down the drain.

I want to get the wife on the back for a weekend but I know she'll hate it and never want to do it again if I don't change the seat somehow.

Desicions, decisions.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't think the KTM gel seat is worth it really - I've done 200 miles with a pillion on the standard seat with no problems. I've done a couple of 300 miles trips in a single sitting (bar a fuel stop) on the gel seat. The only thing I would say in favour of the Ergo seat is that once arseache sets in (about two hours) it doesn't get any worse - whereas history has shown it only gets more painful on 'normal' seats.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've had problems doing less mileage with a pillion. I wonder if it has something to do with weight, I'm not a little fella weighing in at 15st and my brother was on the back probably weighing 13st. Maybe lighter people have an easier time of it, or maybe my arse is a little soft and needs to toughen up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts