KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought some ACF50 from Hein Gerike to protect my bike against road salt and general corrosion from the elements.

Has anyone used it ? Was it worth the money? Or is there something better?

Any experiences..........do's and don'ts would be useful. (apart from telling me not to get it on my brakes) :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Used ACF50 since new last december and the bike (adv) looks mint......underneath all the grime, honest it does.
A can should last a year.
I found best way was to use them workshop latex gloves, spray where you can then spread it with the gloved hand in all the nooks and crannies.
Also used the scotoiler 365 spray oil for quick replenishes when going out in soaking weather.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I used it last winter on my new 950SM and it worked really well. I reckon if you washed your bike every week but didn't use ACF50, it'd be worse than one coating of ACF50 and no washing.

I just cover the brakes and tyres and spray it everywhere else. There are clouds of smoke as it burns off the exhaust but I don't think it matters... The bits that have rusted on my bike are the exhaust fixing nuts, maybe because it burns the ACF50 off?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Another vote in favour from me. I bought mine at a local aerodrome, cos you can buy a bigger container (its good enough/approved to be used on aeroplanes), and it works out cheaper in the long run (two bikes to protect).

Spray and wipe it on (gets into the nooks & crannies better), and then spray a bit more from week to week or once a month, depending upon how often and what weather the bike gets used in. Dont clean the bike until spring, and tada!! Still-shiny bike underneath.

M

·
0 Posts
ACF 50.....Is that the stuff they use of Air Crafts??? is it safe on brake calipers??

M

·
0 Posts
I was using the Scott Oil corrosion stuff last year...Mind you my mates got a BMW GS adventuer..Forks on that are well corroded....BMW for you I guess

·
Registered
120 Posts
ACF-50 is awesome :)

I call it snake oil as it does everything; protects, cleans, acts as contact spray and even has removed some pitting and rust on exhaust.

Burns smokey on the downpipes for 1st mile after applying, but this is normal and I have been told it still protects these areas by leaving micro-thin area of film over the bike.

looks like purple hair-mouse and also lasts and lasts and lasts

·
Registered
43 Posts
ACF-50 is awesome :)

I call it snake oil as it does everything; protects, cleans, acts as contact spray and even has removed some pitting and rust on exhaust.

Burns smokey on the downpipes for 1st mile after applying, but this is normal and I have been told it still protects these areas by leaving micro-thin area of film over the bike.

looks like purple hair-mouse and also lasts and lasts and lasts
+1

1 - 20 of 22 Posts