KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
treat myself to one of those easy to take out rear brake pins that cant fall out (supposedly) fit mine but unless im missing something blatently obvious it looks like it will fall out over the 1st bump. the arm that goes forward over the caliper is temporarily held with the strap for the dust cap on the bleed nipple, which looks rough. :wanker:

any help really appreciated

ta

·
Registered
987 Posts
are you sure its for the right model :confused: I use stock ones, with regular maintenance ive not lost one yet :D

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
the idea of these is great but in reality i've found they are a problem like you said useing the bleed nipple cover or i use i very small clear cable tie . when they are new it should be hard to push over the caliper if its not the rod is bent

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
You can bend them into shape until they clip over the front of the caliper.

I drilled a hole through mine and put an R clip in the end, just like the original pin.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers chappies, after i posted on ere i thought to check the power parts catalogue and sure enough it shows the pin held in place with the dust cover for the bleed nipple.

not lost a pin yet and i had the standard R-clips wired but was my birfday so had to splash out on something

cheers kev will do that too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts