KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a spring for the rear shock on my KTM EXC 200 to suit my weight. Question is, what spring rating do I need for a 16st rider (incl kit)?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm around the same and k tech recommended a 80n x 250lg as 16stone is around 101kg and believe the spring is rated to 105kg.I must admit it transforms the rear end and well worth the £80.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris. Much appreciated. I put a stiffer K-Tech spring onto my sportsbike (Daytona 600) and it made the world of difference. I suspect it'll be the best modification I can do to the KTM too.

By the way, did you also put stiffer springs into your forks or have you left those as standard?

·
Registered
37 Posts
they told me the forks would be fine standard but did have them revalved as well as the rear shock,my bike was new when done and you could feel the change straight away.
I have had all my superbikes bikes done in the past which as you said does make a big differece.I have found i have a lot more confidence off road,It's only bottomed out once but that was getting a overconfident on a mx track lol,on all the local byways it's fine and i found well worth doing.

seems like you could be getting a deal on one get in there quick lol i had to wait 3 weeks for mine.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have just received my new spring. In case it helps anyone else in the future. Brook Suspension recommended a 90N spring for me - 16st/105kg. So it's a 63-250-90 K-Tech rear spring. I'm sure each suspension supplier/service will recommend slightly different spring ratings based on their experience. Will have to see how I get on with this one - got to be better than the standard spring which is likely to be for the average rider ~12/13 stone perhaps?

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi all

allways get fantastic advice on this forum.

i have just got a new exc 300, and have put new (or is having fitted as we speak) new springs front and back,i was adviced by the dealer to go up one spring on the rear and 2 on the front, at 16 stone.

i hope that helps anybody or more importantly hope the dealer has got it right.

·
Registered
388 Posts
hi all

allways get fantastic advice on this forum.

i have just got a new exc 300, and have put new (or is having fitted as we speak) new springs front and back,i was adviced by the dealer to go up one spring on the rear and 2 on the front, at 16 stone.

i hope that helps anybody or more importantly hope the dealer has got it right.

sounds the wrong way round to me......rears are notoriously soft on these bikes, I've gone up one spring, and I'm around 12 stone nekkid

·
Registered
12 Posts
sounds the wrong way round to me......rears are notoriously soft on these bikes, I've gone up one spring, and I'm around 12 stone nekkid
bikes standard setting is for thirteen stone, goning one spring up on the rear is for 102kg (16.02 stone) from ktm direct, or so the dealer told me anyway .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts